1993 Chevrolet Blazer Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1993 Blazer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Sort Reviews by

GREAT dependable vehicle
By JT2109

1993 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this as my first vehicle. I LOVED IT. unfortunately I ran it into a tree. I tried so hard to save it but it was too much. I've been looking for one just like it for the longest time. It will NEVER quit running and i had very minor problems with it. Excellent build quality. You won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. GREAT build quality

Suggested Improvements

Increased gas mileage.

full size blazer 5.7 ltr v8
By tydo

1993 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

Got this truck in 2007 from my grandfather when he died. It was my first car and i'm debating on keeping it due to gas prices now that i am about to go to college. This truck has been the best. Extremely reliable and fun to drive, looks awesome as well. Definitely recommend buying one if you are a chevy truck kind of person

Favorite Features

sporty look

Suggested Improvements

none

202,000 and still going strong
By P-diddy

1993 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

This is the best car I have every had in my life. I don't ever want to let it go. It needs some work now that it is 13 years old, but it has never let me down in any situation, 4 wheel driving or towing my boat.

Favorite Features

Everything

This things a Beast
By JoeOffroad

1993 Chevrolet Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I have just bought a 93' Blazer 2 Door Z71. It is red, and i love it. It just had a new engine and transmission put in, and i put a few engine mods and exhasut mods on to make it better. Now it makes about 300 hp and about 415 ft lbs of torgue. It is awesome to drive...can smoke alot of people off the line..and handles off road like a monster! i highly recommend one of these for your teens first car!

Favorite Features

5.7L V8 (POWERFUL engine) Z71 Offroad Package (4x4) Exhaust package Headlights

Suggested Improvements

None

The best car I ever owned!
By Beverly

1993 Chevrolet Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This car is the best car I have ever owned! I recently purchased a 2002 Tahoe, and it will NEVER compare to the Blazer I owned. It was the best riding SUV I had ever been in. It also proved very dependent in winter months.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature was the body style. They no longer make a style like the K5 model (trust me I have searched).

Solid, True Sport Utility
By J Fogle

1993 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought this great SUV new, before the term was around. Solid, great manuverability, and stable on and off road. Currently has 131,000 miles. Have replaced typical wear-out parts along the way, nothing serious. Original powertrain and engine, they work perfect. Replaced A/C compressor and radiator in 2000. I've driven this brute over steep, mountain roads with rocks and boulders, thru deep mud, and over snow/ice covered roads, and have never been disappointed. I will never sell this vehicle.

Favorite Features

4x4 and locking dif are a great combo. Relatively tight turning and stable stance make it great for on/off road manuverability. Great looking vehicle, everything is proportional. A true SUV that still hums comfortably at 80 mph.

Suggested Improvements

The anti-lock brakes never impressed me. The spare tire placement decreases cargo room.

blazer
By jim kuhn

1993 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

Has performed well in mixed use by various drivers in the family Getting older and it's time for a change in the type of vehicle needed. Has done well in bad weather in four wheel drive. AC system works well. No trouble with transmission during life of vehicle. Some body work has been performed and colors not the best match

Favorite Features

Durability and ride has been comfortable. It's not a sedan but has worked well

Suggested Improvements

Paint, noise reduction.

All things considered not bad.
By blazerowner

1993 Chevrolet Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought this vehicle used with 15,000 miles. Overall reliability has been good up to now (9 years old). Replaced heater core at 60,000 miles. Fuel pump replaced at 75,000 miles. 4.3L Engine is a little noisy. I recommend replacing rotor, cap and wires faithfully every (3) years to avoid unexpected engine problems. Rear gate / window "squeaks" periodically and needs to be greased. Altenator, PS Pump, Water Pump, Themostat and A/C are still original and working well.

Favorite Features

Nothing really outstanding here.