1992 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: My favorite appliance!

1992 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Review

Base 2dr SUV (5.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual)

My favorite appliance!
By cajemo on

1992 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

I have previously owned a 1991 Caprice Classic, but it wouldn't handle snow, so I bought this beauty! It is reliable, comfortable, smooth and versatile! I have had a custom exhaust installed, repainted after original factory paint flaked off, chipped it with the JET brand chip, installed Denali wheels/ tires and upgrade spark plugs to the Platinum series. It is a Cheyenne with vinyl everything inside! Only power features are the steering and the ABS brakes. It looks sharp, rides smooth and sits high! If I were to do it again, I would try to find a 96 or newer with the Vortec engine, or a 95 or newer diesel. My 5.7 is only 210 HP stock.

I love the layout of the dash, seating position, high glass to body ratio and stance. Sits high, looks like a fridge on wheels. Predictable handling - reminds of family Suburban!

Well, armrests would be nice. Also a tach, rear roof vents or rear pop open moonroof would be nice - there is little ventilation with only 2 windows. Bring back the power tailgate window like the Blazers/ Suburbans of past. Also a half-split door for rear passengers. 210 HP!