Used 1992 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1992 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

The Best Blazer
By K5Blazer91

1992 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

My Blazer is very reliable and fun to drive. It looks great and has a powerful stance, I wish Chevy still made the full size 2 door. The interior dash board is awesome (1989- 94) everything is in easy reach of the driver, and is very modern with push button controls for the a/c and radio. Gas mileage isn't great for today's standards, but for a 1992 it's good with 15 mpg.

Favorite Features

The dashboard, a/c controls, rear folding seat, large cargo area, 4x4, the engine, exterior & interior styling. Dual armrests on the captain chairs.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger gas engines for trailering, such as a 454 or 400. I also like the 6.5 diesel (which was an option).

Couldn't be happier
By modillard

1992 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

I've always liked this truck so when I was looking at used vehicles with a BMW 3 in mind and came across my truck at a price I couldn't resist, I was all over it, plus I can do repairs on it, not so on the bimmer. This is a very fun truck to drive. It just turned 200k miles and still runs very strong, still looks great and up to date because Chevy used the body style until 99, I've moved a full size couches in it and towed full size trailers as well the power and size are both amazing I love this truck if chevy made a full size 2 door suv I'd buy it but since they don't I'll be very happy to keep mine until they do, they don't lie when they say like a rock

Favorite Features

The commanding view of the road from the drivers seat, the size and the power

Suggested Improvements

None, the truck is perfect

350 Engine
By mike

1992 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

Great all around truck. With the tailgate folded down, and the spare tire removed, it has a full size bed. The rear end went out at around 150,000 miles. That was the only major problem. Has 190,000 on it now and it still runs strong. Great for road trips, tons of rooms, and everything fits in. Will get around 17 or 18 mpg on highway, much less around town. Has plenty of power to tow anything, anywhere. 4WD is great in the snow and the sand. ABS system is rough on the feet. It takes a while for the cabin to heat up in winter, but once it does, it's nice and warm inside. Plenty of room under the hood to make repairs in your garage easy and accessible.

Favorite Features

Fold down hatch, bench seat, collapsible rear seat, 350 engine, 700R4 tranny.

Suggested Improvements

4 wheel disc brakes

1992 Chevy Blazer
By hdiegel

1992 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

Performance of the Chevy Blazer is outstanding. My truck has 247000 miles on it and I just drove it from New York to Florida with no problems. Used only 70 gallons of Gas. My Truck does have a 25000 rebuilt 350 and also 3:73 Posi rear which I had rebuilt with Eaton Racing parts. It was 1251 miles traveled that came out to about 17 HIghway and it only gets about 11 in the city.