1992 Chevrolet Blazer Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1992 Blazer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Sort Reviews by

i love my k5 blazer
By chevy girl

1992 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

This Blazer has been great I think I will keep it till the end of time I put a 6 inch lift on it and 22 custom wheels custom head lights and tail lights and every where I go people just love it it rides well and has lots of room inside but gas wise not so good but I don't care about that.

Favorite Features

cranks every time never lets me down

Suggested Improvements

wish it had a sun roof

1992 Chevy S-10 Blazer saved life
By Anna

1992 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car in April 2007 owned it until it was totalled on October 28th 2007. This SUV saved my daughter's life. She was cut off on the freeway and She veered to the left to avoid a collision. Consequently when she turned to avoid the collision. The Blazer went in an extreme arc to hit the center divider with most of the force of impact on the right front end of the truck. That impact then sent the car careening end over end, slightly kiddy corner completing at least a total of three revolutions then bouncing into the weeds on the exact opposite of the freeway with the truck coming to rest on its wheels, and still running, , facing oncoming traffic. She only sustained a concussion.

Favorite Features

This vehicle was rock solid, and ran like a charm. You could feel its bulk when turning. We loved the fact that it was made of metal instead of today's plastic. We never did get to go 4 wheeling in it, however it proved it's handling and durability in the accident. The frame held up incredibly well.

Suggested Improvements

The spare tire was always in the rearview mirror- annnoying--that of course has been addressed in newer models. It had 189,117 miles when it was totalled. Wish all cars ran this long and well.

My favorite appliance!
By cajemo

1992 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

I have previously owned a 1991 Caprice Classic, but it wouldn't handle snow, so I bought this beauty! It is reliable, comfortable, smooth and versatile! I have had a custom exhaust installed, repainted after original factory paint flaked off, chipped it with the JET brand chip, installed Denali wheels/ tires and upgrade spark plugs to the Platinum series. It is a Cheyenne with vinyl everything inside! Only power features are the steering and the ABS brakes. It looks sharp, rides smooth and sits high! If I were to do it again, I would try to find a 96 or newer with the Vortec engine, or a 95 or newer diesel. My 5.7 is only 210 HP stock.

Favorite Features

I love the layout of the dash, seating position, high glass to body ratio and stance. Sits high, looks like a fridge on wheels. Predictable handling - reminds of family Suburban!

Suggested Improvements

Well, armrests would be nice. Also a tach, rear roof vents or rear pop open moonroof would be nice - there is little ventilation with only 2 windows. Bring back the power tailgate window like the Blazers/ Suburbans of past. Also a half-split door for rear passengers. 210 HP!

Blazer
By jroberts

1992 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

Its a good truck. It drives nice and is realiable.

Favorite Features

Digital dash