1990 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
A Solid Truck for a Good Price
By ALANR on 01/25/05 15:11 PM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

This Blazer has served us well. We bought it with only 33,000 miles on it, and still love it. It's been extremely reliable, and build quality has held up well on the dirt roads that we live on. The 5.7 L 350 V8 is amazingly quiet, smooth, and powerful. For under 10,000, the Blazer is a relative value even in today's market. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. I wish that Chevrolet could bring these Blazers back.

The last of the rugged Chevys
By Jeremiah on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had my K-5 for 10 years and am finally thinking of trying to find a replacement (has not been easy). I have had some problems along the way - replaced the rear end in '98, new torque converter in '99, alternator caught fire in '97 - but in all it has been a great vehicle. They just don't build them like they used to. The dash actually has metal and vinyl, and is not all plastic like trucks of today. GM really needs to re-think their interior design for new models. If I had the money, I'd think seriously about restoration, but here in salt country (Central New York) it is impossible to keep the body going for ever.