1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Good Car, but there are

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe - Consumer Review

1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Good Car, but there are downfalls
By Mikedonalds on

1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Great car mechanically, I have 121,000 miles and the engine is still strong and peppy. Transmission has been a dream. I have gunned the engine far more than a few times and can outrun (w/ my V6) any Saturn, any neon, or 90's mustang (base model). Downfalls: The paint/primer are of poor quality - very poor. The daytime running lights are a major annoyance, prior to dusk my headlights turn on and off simply by entering and exiting a shady area. Driver side left foot space is crampy and there is no comfortable place for it. Floor carpeting in front and back sucks, ex. staining and fraying. Doors are heavy, actually too heavy. They will start to drag slightly and squeak

Favorite Features

Dashboard view, can't see hood, it's cool! Taillights, they are what sold me on the car in 1996 (silly ain't it). Nice amount of low end tourque and that is what gets you moving quick from a complete stop.

Suggested Improvements

Gotta do tinted windows, looks pretty sheek. Put Michelin tires on this car, it will handle twice as nice: road noise decreases and grip greatlt increases. Replace shocks and struts - factory stuff SUCKS and get a real paint job, factory paint is as good as using water colors.