Used 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:

148K and still going!
By Joel

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

My Z26 has 148K miles on it and it keeps going. She has every options available. I bought my Beretta from my son for $600 with 140K on it. He bought for $450 and changed the upper intake gasket. We changed the water pump before I started driving it. I keep an eye on the coolant level still because it still leaks. I drive it 60 miles one way for work. I have been averaging 30MPG with mostly hwy driving. This car is quick, reliable, and is giving me great MPG's. Gas is at $4.10 a gal in IL now and you can't beat getting that kind of gas mileage out of a sporty and well appointed car. I will drive her to the ground.

Durability, power features, gas mileage.

Fix the paint. My Z looks like it has spots. Fix the leaky coolant.

SWZ26's review
By SWZ26

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

Excellent car! And I have owned 4 in the past. Now I own a 1996 Z26 and it is beautiful car. I recently lost my 2002 Chevy Cavalier in a accident and it was a total lost. This car rides so smooth and the seats are so comfortable. I would recommend this car to anyone. It is a well made car and stands the test of time.

Power everything, sunroof, V6 3.1, color, interior

None

96 Chevy Beretta
By Rev Mackey

1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Overall a great car for dependability. I have had repeated problems with the brakes (three times to Midas for front and back) and it took a little time to get used to front wheel drive. Not a good car for winter driving.

The automatic door locks and headlights come on with the ignition switch. Also the map light on the center rearview mirror.

First Car
By Franklin

1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

This was my first car in 2001 and it still is my only car. I wrecked it once (my fault), but I got it repaired and I have never had a problem other than normal wear. I live in a small town of 8,500 and most older cars (not classics) are the Caviler, the Corsica and the Beretta. Practically everyone who has ever owned one of those three say that they won't die. I don't want to ever get rid of my Beretta.

Speed, reliability, and gas mileage.

Manual transaxle and more interior colors than just gray and maroon.

Stressed
By jan

1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

This car was awful. Problems with the headlights. The alternator went out three times while I had it. The ABS system, continued to have problems squeaking, and grabbing. The road noise so bad, I was glad when I reached my destination just for the silence. Issues, issues, issues. I was so very stressed waiting for that moment I knew was coming, she died in an intersection, with me by her side, glad she's gone

The color and style