1996 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:
I miss my Beretta!
By Andielion on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

I had my Beretta as a first car for about 8 years until it was just recently totaled. It was an incredibly smooth ride and had very little maintenance issues. It leaked water into the car the whole time I had it, but that did not matter because it's reliability easily canceled out that minor problem. I would suggest a Chevy Beretta to anyone!

Great Car!
By Jardaz on 01/31/09 06:29 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

Awesome car. I have had mine for 3 years. I haven't had any huge problems just the basic maintenance. The car has gone from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia to the outskirts of NYC more times than I can remember. Gas mileage is good and a very dependable car. I wish Chevy still made them. If you come across one and you're looking for a used car, consider it. It's the best car I have ever owned

Very Strong Running Car
By 1996Berettaguy90 on 08/26/08 23:16 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 3+ years now, and it is running strong. Has the typical engine knock that all 3100 SFI V6's make, most of them come like that from the factory. This car has made it through 3 minnesota winters, and has come with minor repairs done, mainly to the cooling system. Have gone through an alternator, that is a typical repair in 3100's. This car is constantly put under torture due to my lead-foot driving, and it still runs great. Bought this with 167,000 miles about 4 years ago, and $850 for a car that lasts for 20,000 miles and still runs great is definitely worth it. Perfect first car. Low maintenance costs. I plan to drive this car until it gives up, then rebuild it.

96 Chevy Beretta
By Rev Mackey on 08/16/07 08:03 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

Overall a great car for dependability. I have had repeated problems with the brakes (three times to Midas for front and back) and it took a little time to get used to front wheel drive. Not a good car for winter driving.

First Car
By Franklin on 08/13/06 21:28 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

This was my first car in 2001 and it still is my only car. I wrecked it once (my fault), but I got it repaired and I have never had a problem other than normal wear. I live in a small town of 8,500 and most older cars (not classics) are the Caviler, the Corsica and the Beretta. Practically everyone who has ever owned one of those three say that they won't die. I don't want to ever get rid of my Beretta.

Stressed
By jan on 07/11/06 20:31 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car was awful. Problems with the headlights. The alternator went out three times while I had it. The ABS system, continued to have problems squeaking, and grabbing. The road noise so bad, I was glad when I reached my destination just for the silence. Issues, issues, issues. I was so very stressed waiting for that moment I knew was coming, she died in an intersection, with me by her side, glad she's gone

'96 Chevy Beretta Still rolling!
By Jinx01 on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

I got my chevy before I got my wife, and it has seen both of us go through some major changes. It helped me move her stuff little by little into our first shared apartment. Carried the two of us to the hospital and the three of us back twice!( Shout out to Ayanna 12/10/98 and Aliya 12/09/2000) Saw us through moving into a house and still managesa to carry myself to work and my daughters to school every day! If I get another car, It will have to meets some high standards. But I plan to drive my beretta until it falls apart, and with 101000 plus miles, it hope that isn't soon.

It smells like a sweat sock
By callAAA on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought the car a few years ago at 88000 miles. Since it rolled onto 90000 there have been thousands in repairs. A strange leak has also appeared that from my research is common in all beretta and corsica models. It will be years before I EVER buy another chevrolet. American cars be warned ... keep putting out crap and you will lose customers.

excellent first car
By foozler on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

AT 79,000, the engine and trannie are very strong. Its small appearence is misleading. It does have power. SOund system is great. excellent control of the road. Great for a fist car!!!

nice car
By franky kiko on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

its a nice car