Used 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:

I miss my Beretta!
By Andielion

1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

I had my Beretta as a first car for about 8 years until it was just recently totaled. It was an incredibly smooth ride and had very little maintenance issues. It leaked water into the car the whole time I had it, but that did not matter because it's reliability easily canceled out that minor problem. I would suggest a Chevy Beretta to anyone!

Favorite Features

Very few maintenance issues and was very good to me!

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest a more attractive exterior.

Great Car!
By Jardaz

1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Awesome car. I have had mine for 3 years. I haven't had any huge problems just the basic maintenance. The car has gone from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia to the outskirts of NYC more times than I can remember. Gas mileage is good and a very dependable car. I wish Chevy still made them. If you come across one and you're looking for a used car, consider it. It's the best car I have ever owned

Very Strong Running Car
By 1996Berettaguy90

1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 3+ years now, and it is running strong. Has the typical engine knock that all 3100 SFI V6's make, most of them come like that from the factory. This car has made it through 3 minnesota winters, and has come with minor repairs done, mainly to the cooling system. Have gone through an alternator, that is a typical repair in 3100's. This car is constantly put under torture due to my lead-foot driving, and it still runs great. Bought this with 167,000 miles about 4 years ago, and $850 for a car that lasts for 20,000 miles and still runs great is definitely worth it. Perfect first car. Low maintenance costs. I plan to drive this car until it gives up, then rebuild it.

Favorite Features

Sporty look, decent handling, good acceleration, great interior design.

Suggested Improvements

A little more horsepower, and a tighter suspension system would be nice, though the Z26 has a sporty suspension.

96 Chevy Beretta
By Rev Mackey

1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Overall a great car for dependability. I have had repeated problems with the brakes (three times to Midas for front and back) and it took a little time to get used to front wheel drive. Not a good car for winter driving.

Favorite Features

The automatic door locks and headlights come on with the ignition switch. Also the map light on the center rearview mirror.

First Car
By Franklin

1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

This was my first car in 2001 and it still is my only car. I wrecked it once (my fault), but I got it repaired and I have never had a problem other than normal wear. I live in a small town of 8,500 and most older cars (not classics) are the Caviler, the Corsica and the Beretta. Practically everyone who has ever owned one of those three say that they won't die. I don't want to ever get rid of my Beretta.

Favorite Features

Speed, reliability, and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Manual transaxle and more interior colors than just gray and maroon.