1996 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:
The Good Cheap Car With Problems
By Bobbyz26420 on 04/02/10 11:36 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

I owned my 1996 Beretta Z26 model for about 7 months. It was a great car, real sharp and it raced decently, (once beating a 2000 Camaro). She ran beautifully for the first three months, but after that I started having oil pressure problems. I ended up having to replace the radiator, ignition switch, engine timing chain set, water pump, belt tensioner, and an oil sending unit, totaling out to a whopping 1350 just for parts, not including labor. I finally decided to give up on her when the engine bearings and rods ended up wearing out to where the engine needed replacing, and the transmission was already slipping and a belt was rubbing off in the transmission oil. Great car, doesn't last long.

96' Z26
By Chevymuscle218 on 12/15/08 16:37 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

I bought this Z26 off my brother and have owned it for about 6 months now. The car currently has 220,000 + miles and it runs great. Never burns oil. Steering is getting stiff. The cup holders in the car are not that great. There is no room in the back seats when there is two people up front. You have to have the seat (for me) all the way back so you have some decent leg room, problem is it takes away from the rear passenger space. The 3.1 motor seems to be very reliable athough blown head gaskets seem to be a common problem with them I have yet had this problem. Even though its a Z- 26 I beleive the car has a sporty apperance, but is far from a sporty car and acceleration is not the greatest.

148K and still going!
By Joel on 05/29/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

My Z26 has 148K miles on it and it keeps going. She has every options available. I bought my Beretta from my son for $600 with 140K on it. He bought for $450 and changed the upper intake gasket. We changed the water pump before I started driving it. I keep an eye on the coolant level still because it still leaks. I drive it 60 miles one way for work. I have been averaging 30MPG with mostly hwy driving. This car is quick, reliable, and is giving me great MPG's. Gas is at $4.10 a gal in IL now and you can't beat getting that kind of gas mileage out of a sporty and well appointed car. I will drive her to the ground.

SWZ26's review
By SWZ26 on 09/05/07 15:05 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

Excellent car! And I have owned 4 in the past. Now I own a 1996 Z26 and it is beautiful car. I recently lost my 2002 Chevy Cavalier in a accident and it was a total lost. This car rides so smooth and the seats are so comfortable. I would recommend this car to anyone. It is a well made car and stands the test of time.

Love my beretta but...
By AG_47 on 01/07/06 21:15 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

I love my Beretta. It gets through the snow really well - something useful in these Minnesota winters. It has 182,000 miles on it and nothing big has gone wrong with it. I have to sell it because I need something newer. If I could keep it and afford to buy another car I would. It gets great gas mileage - only $30 to fill the tank. It is a little small but it feels a lot roomer than a caviler or a cobalt. The trunk is huge - I recently moved and only had to make a few trips. If you are looking for a great, reliable, dependable car then think about getting a Beretta!) Also, it is really sporty and fun to drive.

i like barettas
By berettagurl on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

barettas are cool cars,

nice ride
By Slash on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

Nice sporty ride. Very reliable. At 52,000 miles and counting.

Hey mikey i think he likes it
By Z-26 Addict on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

I do likes it i likes it alot. This is the second Beretta z-26 that I have had. I crashed/ totalled the first one. I really like this thing. It can keep with and beat a lot of cars and it resonably disguised as a small coupe with not a lot of but when you want it the power is definatley there. The car it self is just too heavy if they found a way to ligthen it by about 500 too 1000 pounds the thing would be a lot better.