Used 1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

1994 Chevrolet Beretta

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:

Loved that car
By Sweet

1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

Bought this car with 166,000 km on it and drove it to around 277 km. Great mileage and power for days with the 3.1. This car took me everywhere and took a beating. Most reliable car I have ever had. Would start in -40 even after sitting for a month. Broke the signal off and very rare it would smoke from the hazard switch. Even with that much mileage it would put you back in your seat. Never burned any oil and no engine problems from brand new. Car sounded great. After you get used to the brake light always on.

Favorite Features

Great sound and power. Great mileage farely close to my 08 Lancer. Reliable as hell. Put it through hell and lots of snow.

Suggested Improvements

I hold no grudge! Lumbar pump never worked out of the factory

Unreliable Car
By Laura

1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

I have had my cars engine, transmission, tires, tierod & axel, water pump, belt all replaced in less than a year of having it & in one week it had to be fixed twice! It is now getting worked on as I am writing this. Do not BUY Berettas. They are NOT RELIABLE! Trust me.

Favorite Features

I liked the way my car looked which is the wrong reason for buying a car. I have had soooo many problems with my car its not even funny so the features of my car was the only thing keeping me from getting rid of it.

my favorite car
By fanta-c-nurse

1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

my 4th beretta-this 94 berettaZ26 in aqua metallic is the ultimate.never once did it give me any grief.i treated it with equal respect and never missed any maintenance on it,always washed and waxed it.at 10 yrs old people still stopped me to compliment me on her.not saying i do,but i could take corners and freeway ramps at 80mph and never lose control of her.she was always the first one off a light without hesitation.there was no vehicle i couldn't pass on the freeway with her.sure you felt the bumps with her but that's the price you pay for the stiff suspension.i sold her yesterday to my nephew my new tracker will never live up to my beretta

Favorite Features

the get up and go power this car has and the fantastic suspension it corners like its on rails and i couldn't lose control of her if i tried.

Suggested Improvements

none except what is wrong with chevy to have discontinued them

good little car
By haml

1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

Good reliable car, which means it never broke down. Replaced radiator (small crack in end tank), front rotors (seem to rust on inboard side), and small coolant leak between intake manifold and rear cylinder head (tighten manifold bolt every once in a while). Wax it and still looks like new.

Favorite Features

Strong V6 engine. Good acceleration. Good gas mileage(33 on highway).

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of plastic radiator tanks. Cure engine leaks.