1994 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:
Loved that car
By Sweet on 06/26/08 02:39 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

Bought this car with 166,000 km on it and drove it to around 277 km. Great mileage and power for days with the 3.1. This car took me everywhere and took a beating. Most reliable car I have ever had. Would start in -40 even after sitting for a month. Broke the signal off and very rare it would smoke from the hazard switch. Even with that much mileage it would put you back in your seat. Never burned any oil and no engine problems from brand new. Car sounded great. After you get used to the brake light always on.

My car
By 2 dr coupe on 05/07/06 14:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Good car, starts every time no trouble. Above average gas mileage. Bought when six months old and still own today.

Unreliable Car
By Laura on 10/16/05 14:15 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

I have had my cars engine, transmission, tires, tierod & axel, water pump, belt all replaced in less than a year of having it & in one week it had to be fixed twice! It is now getting worked on as I am writing this. Do not BUY Berettas. They are NOT RELIABLE! Trust me.

my favorite car
By fanta-c-nurse on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

my 4th beretta-this 94 berettaZ26 in aqua metallic is the ultimate.never once did it give me any grief.i treated it with equal respect and never missed any maintenance on it,always washed and waxed it.at 10 yrs old people still stopped me to compliment me on her.not saying i do,but i could take corners and freeway ramps at 80mph and never lose control of her.she was always the first one off a light without hesitation.there was no vehicle i couldn't pass on the freeway with her.sure you felt the bumps with her but that's the price you pay for the stiff suspension.i sold her yesterday to my nephew my new tracker will never live up to my beretta

who needs an import
By zacky_p on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

This car has given me no problems yet and has gone above and beyond what i expected of it. This is quick little car that is a lot of fun to drive around curvy and twisty road.

good little car
By haml on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

Good reliable car, which means it never broke down. Replaced radiator (small crack in end tank), front rotors (seem to rust on inboard side), and small coolant leak between intake manifold and rear cylinder head (tighten manifold bolt every once in a while). Wax it and still looks like new.

Keep looking.
By jkp1187 on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Bought this car when my trusty old 1988 Chevy Celebrity was put out to pasture. The Beretta was nothing but a headache. Poor design of steering column; the turn signal lever snapped in 1/2 after 6 months. Cost $200 to repair (!). Transmission went out -- twice. Head gasket started leaking. Alternator went out -- twice. Brakes were constantly going. Money and prayer kept it going to 167,000, when I got new Impala (which I have been very happy with). Almost didn't buy GM again b/c of this car, though....took a good deal on the Impala just to get me to look at it.

Not happy
By JOE on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

This car has been a pain since I bought it. One thing after another has gone wrong with it. The head gasket has had to be changed twice. The engine head had to be replaced. The transmission went out. etc, etc ,etc

Not happy
By Joe on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

dependable little beretta
By saverill on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Never had a problem other than the stubborn Check Engine light coming on often. It should last me another 30,000 miles, unlike similar Ford cars with the same miles.