Used 1992 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

1992 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:

What a piece of junk!
By moppymop

1992 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

Where do I start...horrible ergonomics (GM couldn't even be bothered to make the driver's seat line up with the steering wheel), sub-Happy Meal-quality interior trim, interior and exterior parts fell off at random, crappy 3 speed auto sucked out every last iota of performance the 3100 V6 had in it (which wasn't much to begin with), leaked water in the rain, transmission was toast at 70K miles. Unless someone is paying you to take one of these cars, you don't want one.

Favorite Features

Well, it ran, I guess.

Suggested Improvements

Riding the bus instead of buying this car would have been an improvement.

Bad Beretta
By boundsn

1992 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Maybe Chevrolet made one good Beretta GT in one thousand, in stead of the other way around, but I had a bad one to be sure. The car was PLAGUED with electrical problems. Sometimes the fan would work...sometimes not. This led to overheating, which caused other mechanical failures. The life expectancy of the EFI sensors is must less than befits a car with as few miles as I had. The interior was made by kindergardeners, and nobs were always coming off in my hands. It ate batteries (replaced them every 6 months or so) and you couldn't even rely on the radio to always function.

Favorite Features

My favorite Beretta memory was selling it to someone else.

Suggested Improvements

There is a reason GM no longer makes this car. If you need a cheap ride, find something else.

Excelent for the price
By kim karstensen

1992 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

Excelent, but hard to find parts for in Europe.

Favorite Features

The cruise control and adjustable steering wheel is nice when you drive long distance.

Suggested Improvements

sealing around rear window

Mid-80s GM Crap Carry-Over
By VonBounden

1992 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Every little plastic nob came off in my hand or broke completely. The e- brake came off the shaft once as it was only held on by a single little screw. The shocks were so soft and the suspension so undersprung, you could drive it around a corner at 20mph and the fuel pump couldn't get enough gas to keep the engine running because it leaned so heavily. It had the GM-Paint Disease, where the EPA mandated paint wasn't properly matched to the primer and began to wash off. This is a rust-free car, mind you. Horribly underpowered breaks. Paper- plate speakers produce a lovely timberless sound quality that can turn even your favorite song into dreadful noise.

Favorite Features

The transmission actually shifts well, if it weren't for the 1/2lb clutch.

Suggested Improvements

It would look a lot better after a few minutes in a junk-car crusher.

Great vehicle
By A_Fitz

1992 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought the car at 141,000 miles and it still looked and ran great. I drove it for a year and a half and put about 22,000 more miles on it in that time, having only to replace an alternator and the exhaust. I drove that car hard too, and it kept on taking the pounding. The fuel pump finally went on the car just recently, and due to the vehicles milage, I decided against fixing it. Now I'm looking to buy either a 96 monte carlo or another Beretta, this time a 94.

Favorite Features

The interior was comfy and suprisingly roomy. The 3.1L engine had a lot of power and I loved the sound it made, it was much deeper than most other engines of that displacement.

Suggested Improvements

The interior didn't have many features to it, but I can't really complain about the car. I loved it.