Used 1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:

Most Helpful|
260,000 miles and still going
By Sue

1991 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with 19,000 miles on it. This car has served me well over the years. A few cons are the front interior fabric did not hold up well & the wiring in the steering column caught on fire once and had to have the switch for the lights & turn signal replaced, also had to replace the alternator and battery 3 times. Even with its age & mileage, this car still performs well & handles as good as the day I bought it. I also have a 2004 Chevy Impala which is a comfortable car, but at 110,000 miles started having transmission slippage issues. Too bad the Impala's transmission isn't on par with the 1991 Beretta's.

Favorite Features

Body style & handling. It's a great car and fun to drive. It also gets between 24 - 26 MPG even with the A/C on.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy should bring this car back.

Facts
By Beretta4life

1991 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

The fact is yes the car HAD problems, give me the beretta anyday. Both my brothers have them and both are now well over 200000 miles. Needs a turbo that's about it, yes it breaks but its cheap to fix. Never been stranded that's all that matters.

Favorite Features

91 Beretta gt 05 neon srt-4 He still owes me 200 bucks

Suggested Improvements

Learn from mistakes

A sleeper sports car
By Bob Smith

1991 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

An underrated, economical sports car that is to this day neglected by the performance parts aftermarket. Undoubtably, the "best bang for the buck" car that I have ever driven. With v6 or Quad4 power, great mileage, and an outstanding handling package, you just can't lose.

Favorite Features

Power and Handling.

Joe's Review
By Joe

1991 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This is the 2nd Beretta GT I have owned. The car is quick and nimble, and sounds like a baby muscle car. It is very low to the ground, and a bit harder to get out of than a regular car. It is/was an affordable sports car. Handling is awesome. The dashboard on most Berettas warps over time. I don't know why. My 1st Beretta was OK, but this one I bought with the dash already warped. Only the passenger side. You can't put anything on it, but it remains fully functional. Once the dash warps, the metal strip over the air vent next to the windshield becomes loose. I had to stick a folded up business card in so it wouldn't make noise. The car has 122,000 miles on it and no major problem

Favorite Features

Just a good looking car that's fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

New stereo, and different rims that are easier to clean. The spoke type stock rims look nice, but will take you hours to clean every month or so.

Great Car
By Berretta Ed

1991 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car new and have loved every minute of driving it. The fuel economy was great, especially for the performance. I have nearly 190,000 miles on it. Unfortunely my daughter was involved in an accident that crunched the front end. I was surprised at how easy it was to repair. Fantastic car. Paid $12,300 for it new and have really gotten my monies worth.

Favorite Features

The seats are the best part. The long base provide excellent support for your legs. The simple mechanical adjustment allows you to change positions and maintain comfort. Wish the newer cars had the same design.

Suggested Improvements

Provide a better quality paint that won't chip off the hood and other leading edges.