1991 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:
260,000 miles and still going
By Sue on 10/09/09 08:05 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with 19,000 miles on it. This car has served me well over the years. A few cons are the front interior fabric did not hold up well & the wiring in the steering column caught on fire once and had to have the switch for the lights & turn signal replaced, also had to replace the alternator and battery 3 times. Even with its age & mileage, this car still performs well & handles as good as the day I bought it. I also have a 2004 Chevy Impala which is a comfortable car, but at 110,000 miles started having transmission slippage issues. Too bad the Impala's transmission isn't on par with the 1991 Beretta's.

Facts
By Beretta4life on 04/07/09 02:05 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

The fact is yes the car HAD problems, give me the beretta anyday. Both my brothers have them and both are now well over 200000 miles. Needs a turbo that's about it, yes it breaks but its cheap to fix. Never been stranded that's all that matters.

Joe's Review
By Joe on 06/08/05 00:06 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

This is the 2nd Beretta GT I have owned. The car is quick and nimble, and sounds like a baby muscle car. It is very low to the ground, and a bit harder to get out of than a regular car. It is/was an affordable sports car. Handling is awesome. The dashboard on most Berettas warps over time. I don't know why. My 1st Beretta was OK, but this one I bought with the dash already warped. Only the passenger side. You can't put anything on it, but it remains fully functional. Once the dash warps, the metal strip over the air vent next to the windshield becomes loose. I had to stick a folded up business card in so it wouldn't make noise. The car has 122,000 miles on it and no major problem

Great Car
By Berretta Ed on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car new and have loved every minute of driving it. The fuel economy was great, especially for the performance. I have nearly 190,000 miles on it. Unfortunely my daughter was involved in an accident that crunched the front end. I was surprised at how easy it was to repair. Fantastic car. Paid $12,300 for it new and have really gotten my monies worth.

A sleeper sports car
By Bob Smith on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

An underrated, economical sports car that is to this day neglected by the performance parts aftermarket. Undoubtably, the "best bang for the buck" car that I have ever driven. With v6 or Quad4 power, great mileage, and an outstanding handling package, you just can't lose.