1991 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:
My Beretta
By Mae on 06/08/10 15:15 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

I bought my Beretta used 6 months ago. With one previous owner, it is still in terrific shape. Though it has a decent number of miles on it, it is very reliable and fun to drive. I really appreciate the speed and acceleration. Very few problems so far. With new tires, a new paint job, and a little chrome, my Beretta easily compares to any new car.

260,000 miles and still going
By Sue on 10/09/09 08:05 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with 19,000 miles on it. This car has served me well over the years. A few cons are the front interior fabric did not hold up well & the wiring in the steering column caught on fire once and had to have the switch for the lights & turn signal replaced, also had to replace the alternator and battery 3 times. Even with its age & mileage, this car still performs well & handles as good as the day I bought it. I also have a 2004 Chevy Impala which is a comfortable car, but at 110,000 miles started having transmission slippage issues. Too bad the Impala's transmission isn't on par with the 1991 Beretta's.

Facts
By Beretta4life on 04/07/09 02:05 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

The fact is yes the car HAD problems, give me the beretta anyday. Both my brothers have them and both are now well over 200000 miles. Needs a turbo that's about it, yes it breaks but its cheap to fix. Never been stranded that's all that matters.

So sad to see it go
By Julie on 07/12/08 13:16 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

I bought my '91 Beretta in 1995, and other than the usual maintenance stuff and a new alternator some years ago, it has required very little repair. It has been completely reliable during some brutal Chicago winters, always starting up immediately in the mornings. Unfortunately, the power steering fluid is leaking and the repair will cost more than this 17- year-old car is worth now. But up until a few weeks ago, this was an outstanding car. I really got my money's worth!

Nice Little Rocket
By mikail on 12/17/06 08:46 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GTZ 2dr Coupe

When I bought It I had no clue what a Quad 4 was, but as soon as I drove It, I got impressed. 7000RPM (now 7400) and 180Hp from a stock 2.3liter I4. Oldsmobile really got it good! The car as a nice look and when I drive it I still get lots of comments about it. I go often to the drags strip and most people ask 'is that a V6?' they are suprised that a Chevy built in the 90' could push so much horsepower! Oh and The engine is from Oldsmobile, it's sad that GM closed it!

Joe's Review
By Joe on 06/08/05 00:06 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

This is the 2nd Beretta GT I have owned. The car is quick and nimble, and sounds like a baby muscle car. It is very low to the ground, and a bit harder to get out of than a regular car. It is/was an affordable sports car. Handling is awesome. The dashboard on most Berettas warps over time. I don't know why. My 1st Beretta was OK, but this one I bought with the dash already warped. Only the passenger side. You can't put anything on it, but it remains fully functional. Once the dash warps, the metal strip over the air vent next to the windshield becomes loose. I had to stick a folded up business card in so it wouldn't make noise. The car has 122,000 miles on it and no major problem

Amazing machine
By V_i_D on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GTZ 2dr Coupe

This car has to be the best idea that Chevrolet has ever come up with. All around it's a great car with more positives than negatives. I'm sure that if I had bought this car brand new that it would have never broken... I got it used so I can't control how they treated it, but I treat my baby like I would a best friend. It treats me the same way and that's why I love it.

I should've kept it
By Tahorican on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Last spring my cute little Beretta died. Something to be expected from an 11 year old car w/ 150k+ miles. So I bought a 2000 Blazer. Should've resucitated the Beretta! It gave me 8 years of good driving. I only started having problems w/ it in the last 6 months I had it. My 'new' car has been in the shop 3 times in the year I've had it.

a P.O.S.... never spend your money on it
By Charlie R. on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

great speed & acceleration. horrible reliability. i have always had problems with batteries and starters. in the past 2 months ive had spent a total of $1,684 on 3 different problems. i emplore you to never consider this car for a purchase. let it die off the face of the earth like it deserves... every owner that ive talked to has hated owning it. i dont know what these people are talking about or that they realize that we are discussing the 91 chevy beretta.

Great Car
By Berretta Ed on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car new and have loved every minute of driving it. The fuel economy was great, especially for the performance. I have nearly 190,000 miles on it. Unfortunely my daughter was involved in an accident that crunched the front end. I was surprised at how easy it was to repair. Fantastic car. Paid $12,300 for it new and have really gotten my monies worth.