Used 1991 Chevrolet Beretta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

1991 Chevrolet Beretta

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:

My Beretta
By Mae

1991 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

I bought my Beretta used 6 months ago. With one previous owner, it is still in terrific shape. Though it has a decent number of miles on it, it is very reliable and fun to drive. I really appreciate the speed and acceleration. Very few problems so far. With new tires, a new paint job, and a little chrome, my Beretta easily compares to any new car.

Favorite Features

Acceleration & Speed. Also, plenty of trunk room. The best thing about this car is the fact you don't see many, especially in the great condition mine is in. Forget driving a Mustang or Civic like everyone else has, I'll take my Beretta ANY DAY.

Suggested Improvements

Make parts easier to find.

260,000 miles and still going
By Sue

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with 19,000 miles on it. This car has served me well over the years. A few cons are the front interior fabric did not hold up well & the wiring in the steering column caught on fire once and had to have the switch for the lights & turn signal replaced, also had to replace the alternator and battery 3 times. Even with its age & mileage, this car still performs well & handles as good as the day I bought it. I also have a 2004 Chevy Impala which is a comfortable car, but at 110,000 miles started having transmission slippage issues. Too bad the Impala's transmission isn't on par with the 1991 Beretta's.

Favorite Features

Body style & handling. It's a great car and fun to drive. It also gets between 24 - 26 MPG even with the A/C on.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy should bring this car back.

Facts
By Beretta4life

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

The fact is yes the car HAD problems, give me the beretta anyday. Both my brothers have them and both are now well over 200000 miles. Needs a turbo that's about it, yes it breaks but its cheap to fix. Never been stranded that's all that matters.

Favorite Features

91 Beretta gt 05 neon srt-4 He still owes me 200 bucks

Suggested Improvements

Learn from mistakes

So sad to see it go
By Julie

1991 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

I bought my '91 Beretta in 1995, and other than the usual maintenance stuff and a new alternator some years ago, it has required very little repair. It has been completely reliable during some brutal Chicago winters, always starting up immediately in the mornings. Unfortunately, the power steering fluid is leaking and the repair will cost more than this 17- year-old car is worth now. But up until a few weeks ago, this was an outstanding car. I really got my money's worth!

Favorite Features

Looks great, fast acceleration, nice handling, very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

The paint on the bumpers flakes off very easily. Also, the steering wheel is a teeny bit off-center from the driver's seat, but it only becomes noticeable on really long road trips.

Nice Little Rocket
By mikail

1991 Chevrolet Beretta GTZ 2dr Coupe

When I bought It I had no clue what a Quad 4 was, but as soon as I drove It, I got impressed. 7000RPM (now 7400) and 180Hp from a stock 2.3liter I4. Oldsmobile really got it good! The car as a nice look and when I drive it I still get lots of comments about it. I go often to the drags strip and most people ask 'is that a V6?' they are suprised that a Chevy built in the 90' could push so much horsepower! Oh and The engine is from Oldsmobile, it's sad that GM closed it!

Favorite Features

Cupholders, bucket seats, A/C , power windows, door, trunk.

Suggested Improvements

One problem with this would have been torque, and the engine is a little bit rough, but I like the way it sounds!