1990 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:
high mileage problems
By eric s on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

Although the styling is real nice, there have been too many reliability problems with the on board computer system for a recommendation. I experienced problems with stalling and shutting off after extended highway driving. This does not represent too much of a problem if you are in town with plenty of opportunities to get a quick tow. However, if you are not armed with a cellphone and are in the middle of nowhere, as was my experience, this little auto will leave you high and dry if it decides to act up. The exterior bits are also inferior. The side molding comes off after a few years and the rubber handle to the turn signal tends to slide off.

the car that keeps going
By Ocean2383 on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe 2dr Coupe

I now curently have 247500 miles on my beretta. i have had to replace the fuel pump at 240000 and it has had an oil leak since 1996, but it hasn't gotten any worse. so i just keep adding fluids and it keeps going. the body is tough too. i go hit from behind at 30 miles per hour and all i got was a crack in my bumper and the other car was a honda accord and it was crumpled in the front.