Used 1990 Chevrolet Beretta Indy GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

1990 Chevrolet Beretta

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:

Junk
By essay

1990 Chevrolet Beretta Indy GT 2dr Coupe

Biggest piece of junk I owned. I will just list a few of the things I replaced that I can think of off the top of my head. Ball joints, radiator, 4 injectors, 3 wheel barings, 2+ CV joints, muffler, leaks oil, digital dash goes in and out, clutch, window motor, blower motor, AC compressor, brakes, brake pistons, transmission mount. I'll stop there but I am sure there were more things. Heck all of those things were replaced between 4/98-10/00 then I gave the thing away free because I hated the thing so much! There was a radio station where I lived that said "Crank up the volume so you dont hear that funny noise your car is making" and that is exactly what i always did with that junker!

Favorite Features

Quick, sounded cool for a V-6 (like most of those 3.1L do. But the most favorite thing was I knew it was going to Vehicle Hell because there was no fogiving that piece of crap! Taught me that the "feel good" feeling of buying American does not feel good for long!

Suggested Improvements

Remove everyone of them from the road because there are a hazard to the driver as well as the public. Another suggestion is to spend a little more on an Accord because it will be cheaper in the long run. Unless of course you like spending all your time in the parts store and under the hood.

My Beretta Indy
By MAJ28

1990 Chevrolet Beretta Indy GT 2dr Coupe

I love this car, it's 13 years old and still looking nice. Cheap to repair in most cases. Lots of power.

Favorite Features

Lots of Torque, a few modifications can give this car mad speed.

Suggested Improvements

The only design problems I see is the door panels are a pain sometimes, but not very hard to fix.