Used 1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

1990 Chevrolet Beretta

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:

1990 Chevy Beretta
By Rachel

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

It's a good car, but I got mine in bad shape. My 90 Beretta right now takes $180 in gas a week., and that shouldn't happen. I think that's just because it needs a lot of work.

Favorite Features

I like how everything is digital.

good runnin car
By j96adms

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

great running car but after 200,000 miles the wear is starting to show. best part is im a mechanic backyard mainly but enough to fix all the major problems that have occured on the vehicle itself. the engine and transmission have been fully rehauled so the motor does not have but 60,000 on it ive replace all the interior, seats, dash and some other misilanous parts in fact an entire page worth limiting the problems for the next buyer the reason for selling is the fact that i have a better car to drive but this is a great start for any new driver that is still learning real easy to drive and very dependable

Favorite Features

cruise control, power everthing cd player with 12" subs and great fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

paint and a little hail damage form a texas storm on the roof of the vehicle

Great Vehicle - '90 GT V6
By 1st owner

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

Vehicle has been dependable and reliable. I have done my own maintenance since new. I use synthetic oil, and have had no engine problems. Torque converter solinoid went bad, ssems to be common, but curable. Have replaced a some injectors. Overall value has been great. I would buy another if they still sold them. I have 175k miles on this one, and still going strong. 25mpg hwy, 21 city. Anyone that can't keep a car running this long or longer, doesn't know how to maintain a car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and looks. Very little rust even thouigh it sits outside in a northern climate.

Suggested Improvements

Make more, I would buy another new one.

I own one!!
By meggy_poo

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

I think it is built because of looks and bought because of looks...granny mobiles would run better than mine did and actually anyone else I know that owns one!! Sad isn't it?? but true!!

Favorite Features

the sunroof and style and color

Suggested Improvements

not so cheaply made

don't waste your time
By nomorechevys

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

i have never seen so many problems with a car within 3 years! i have had the brakes changed(pads and rotors) fuel pump, 4 of the 6 fuel injectors had to be changed, the altenator, and the transmission 2x. i finally got rid of the piece of junk when the thing wouldn't pass the emmissions test. it also just started getting transmission problems again. do a favor and look into foreign cars. HONDA. i disliked them at first(only because i was all for american) but now am a total believer in them.

Favorite Features

my own cd player i installed

Suggested Improvements

ummmm, everything dealing with mechanical parts.