Used 1990 Chevrolet Beretta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

1990 Chevrolet Beretta

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:

Most Helpful|
I own one!!
By meggy_poo

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

I think it is built because of looks and bought because of looks...granny mobiles would run better than mine did and actually anyone else I know that owns one!! Sad isn't it?? but true!!

Favorite Features

the sunroof and style and color

Suggested Improvements

not so cheaply made

Junk
By essay

1990 Chevrolet Beretta Indy GT 2dr Coupe

Biggest piece of junk I owned. I will just list a few of the things I replaced that I can think of off the top of my head. Ball joints, radiator, 4 injectors, 3 wheel barings, 2+ CV joints, muffler, leaks oil, digital dash goes in and out, clutch, window motor, blower motor, AC compressor, brakes, brake pistons, transmission mount. I'll stop there but I am sure there were more things. Heck all of those things were replaced between 4/98-10/00 then I gave the thing away free because I hated the thing so much! There was a radio station where I lived that said "Crank up the volume so you dont hear that funny noise your car is making" and that is exactly what i always did with that junker!

Favorite Features

Quick, sounded cool for a V-6 (like most of those 3.1L do. But the most favorite thing was I knew it was going to Vehicle Hell because there was no fogiving that piece of crap! Taught me that the "feel good" feeling of buying American does not feel good for long!

Suggested Improvements

Remove everyone of them from the road because there are a hazard to the driver as well as the public. Another suggestion is to spend a little more on an Accord because it will be cheaper in the long run. Unless of course you like spending all your time in the parts store and under the hood.

don't waste your time
By nomorechevys

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

i have never seen so many problems with a car within 3 years! i have had the brakes changed(pads and rotors) fuel pump, 4 of the 6 fuel injectors had to be changed, the altenator, and the transmission 2x. i finally got rid of the piece of junk when the thing wouldn't pass the emmissions test. it also just started getting transmission problems again. do a favor and look into foreign cars. HONDA. i disliked them at first(only because i was all for american) but now am a total believer in them.

Favorite Features

my own cd player i installed

Suggested Improvements

ummmm, everything dealing with mechanical parts.

high mileage problems
By eric s

1990 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Although the styling is real nice, there have been too many reliability problems with the on board computer system for a recommendation. I experienced problems with stalling and shutting off after extended highway driving. This does not represent too much of a problem if you are in town with plenty of opportunities to get a quick tow. However, if you are not armed with a cellphone and are in the middle of nowhere, as was my experience, this little auto will leave you high and dry if it decides to act up. The exterior bits are also inferior. The side molding comes off after a few years and the rubber handle to the turn signal tends to slide off.

Favorite Features

styling

Suggested Improvements

computer, paint, attention to exterior moldings

1990 Chevy Beretta
By Rachel

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

It's a good car, but I got mine in bad shape. My 90 Beretta right now takes $180 in gas a week., and that shouldn't happen. I think that's just because it needs a lot of work.

Favorite Features

I like how everything is digital.