Used 1990 Chevrolet Beretta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

1990 Chevrolet Beretta

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:

1990 Chevy Beretta
By Rachel

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

It's a good car, but I got mine in bad shape. My 90 Beretta right now takes $180 in gas a week., and that shouldn't happen. I think that's just because it needs a lot of work.

Favorite Features

I like how everything is digital.

Junk
By essay

1990 Chevrolet Beretta Indy GT 2dr Coupe

Biggest piece of junk I owned. I will just list a few of the things I replaced that I can think of off the top of my head. Ball joints, radiator, 4 injectors, 3 wheel barings, 2+ CV joints, muffler, leaks oil, digital dash goes in and out, clutch, window motor, blower motor, AC compressor, brakes, brake pistons, transmission mount. I'll stop there but I am sure there were more things. Heck all of those things were replaced between 4/98-10/00 then I gave the thing away free because I hated the thing so much! There was a radio station where I lived that said "Crank up the volume so you dont hear that funny noise your car is making" and that is exactly what i always did with that junker!

Favorite Features

Quick, sounded cool for a V-6 (like most of those 3.1L do. But the most favorite thing was I knew it was going to Vehicle Hell because there was no fogiving that piece of crap! Taught me that the "feel good" feeling of buying American does not feel good for long!

Suggested Improvements

Remove everyone of them from the road because there are a hazard to the driver as well as the public. Another suggestion is to spend a little more on an Accord because it will be cheaper in the long run. Unless of course you like spending all your time in the parts store and under the hood.

good runnin car
By j96adms

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

great running car but after 200,000 miles the wear is starting to show. best part is im a mechanic backyard mainly but enough to fix all the major problems that have occured on the vehicle itself. the engine and transmission have been fully rehauled so the motor does not have but 60,000 on it ive replace all the interior, seats, dash and some other misilanous parts in fact an entire page worth limiting the problems for the next buyer the reason for selling is the fact that i have a better car to drive but this is a great start for any new driver that is still learning real easy to drive and very dependable

Favorite Features

cruise control, power everthing cd player with 12" subs and great fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

paint and a little hail damage form a texas storm on the roof of the vehicle

Great Vehicle - '90 GT V6
By 1st owner

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

Vehicle has been dependable and reliable. I have done my own maintenance since new. I use synthetic oil, and have had no engine problems. Torque converter solinoid went bad, ssems to be common, but curable. Have replaced a some injectors. Overall value has been great. I would buy another if they still sold them. I have 175k miles on this one, and still going strong. 25mpg hwy, 21 city. Anyone that can't keep a car running this long or longer, doesn't know how to maintain a car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and looks. Very little rust even thouigh it sits outside in a northern climate.

Suggested Improvements

Make more, I would buy another new one.

high mileage problems
By eric s

1990 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Although the styling is real nice, there have been too many reliability problems with the on board computer system for a recommendation. I experienced problems with stalling and shutting off after extended highway driving. This does not represent too much of a problem if you are in town with plenty of opportunities to get a quick tow. However, if you are not armed with a cellphone and are in the middle of nowhere, as was my experience, this little auto will leave you high and dry if it decides to act up. The exterior bits are also inferior. The side molding comes off after a few years and the rubber handle to the turn signal tends to slide off.

Favorite Features

styling

Suggested Improvements

computer, paint, attention to exterior moldings