1990 Chevrolet Beretta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beretta model:
1990 Chevy Beretta
By Rachel on 07/18/06 15:14 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

It's a good car, but I got mine in bad shape. My 90 Beretta right now takes $180 in gas a week., and that shouldn't happen. I think that's just because it needs a lot of work.

Junk
By essay on 05/07/06 15:16 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Beretta Indy GT 2dr Coupe

Biggest piece of junk I owned. I will just list a few of the things I replaced that I can think of off the top of my head. Ball joints, radiator, 4 injectors, 3 wheel barings, 2+ CV joints, muffler, leaks oil, digital dash goes in and out, clutch, window motor, blower motor, AC compressor, brakes, brake pistons, transmission mount. I'll stop there but I am sure there were more things. Heck all of those things were replaced between 4/98-10/00 then I gave the thing away free because I hated the thing so much! There was a radio station where I lived that said "Crank up the volume so you dont hear that funny noise your car is making" and that is exactly what i always did with that junker!

good runnin car
By j96adms on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

great running car but after 200,000 miles the wear is starting to show. best part is im a mechanic backyard mainly but enough to fix all the major problems that have occured on the vehicle itself. the engine and transmission have been fully rehauled so the motor does not have but 60,000 on it ive replace all the interior, seats, dash and some other misilanous parts in fact an entire page worth limiting the problems for the next buyer the reason for selling is the fact that i have a better car to drive but this is a great start for any new driver that is still learning real easy to drive and very dependable

Great Vehicle - '90 GT V6
By 1st owner on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

Vehicle has been dependable and reliable. I have done my own maintenance since new. I use synthetic oil, and have had no engine problems. Torque converter solinoid went bad, ssems to be common, but curable. Have replaced a some injectors. Overall value has been great. I would buy another if they still sold them. I have 175k miles on this one, and still going strong. 25mpg hwy, 21 city. Anyone that can't keep a car running this long or longer, doesn't know how to maintain a car.

high mileage problems
By eric s on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Although the styling is real nice, there have been too many reliability problems with the on board computer system for a recommendation. I experienced problems with stalling and shutting off after extended highway driving. This does not represent too much of a problem if you are in town with plenty of opportunities to get a quick tow. However, if you are not armed with a cellphone and are in the middle of nowhere, as was my experience, this little auto will leave you high and dry if it decides to act up. The exterior bits are also inferior. The side molding comes off after a few years and the rubber handle to the turn signal tends to slide off.

the car that keeps going
By Ocean2383 on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

I now curently have 247500 miles on my beretta. i have had to replace the fuel pump at 240000 and it has had an oil leak since 1996, but it hasn't gotten any worse. so i just keep adding fluids and it keeps going. the body is tough too. i go hit from behind at 30 miles per hour and all i got was a crack in my bumper and the other car was a honda accord and it was crumpled in the front.

NICE 4 PRICE
By Travis56346346 on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GTZ 2dr Coupe

very nice car with lots of power for being stock, and can still pull out good gas milage, what mroe could you want other than power and milage?

GTZ is the best model!
By andy Mckevitz on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GTZ 2dr Coupe

This is a great car to have when you are sick of seeing those hondas with the park benches on back. This car will put them in their place and uphold American car-pride!

DASH AND MOTOR FROM H*LL
By RAVEN on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GTZ 2dr Coupe

I currently have a 1990 GTZ and I love it. This is my second Beretta and I have been very satisfied about the Beretta line up. The GTZ is definetly the best of the line...BUT...the quad4 that comes with the GTZ is one of those things GM wishes that they never thought of. I replaced my GTZ with the 2.8L V6 from a 1989 Pontiac Fiero GT. My GTZ handles great in all conditions and is reliable considering the year. If anyone knows where I can buy an aftermarket dash(not a dash cover, but a factory) I would so much appreciate it. It's horrible to have such a great looking car with such a ugly, shrunk, craked dash.willmiracle@hotmail.com

I own one!!
By meggy_poo on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 2dr Coupe

I think it is built because of looks and bought because of looks...granny mobiles would run better than mine did and actually anyone else I know that owns one!! Sad isn't it?? but true!!