Great Price-to-Value Ratio
By duogross on
2011 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
First, let's discuss what the 2011 Aveo is not: it is not a luxury car, nor is it a sports car. It is also not a hyper-mileage car that gets 40+ MPG. If you are expecting any of those things, you are sorely mistaken (and, for the price in the low $10,000's, you are also crazy.) What is it? It is a good value for the price. It is a car that get's you from point A to point B. And it does it in reasonable style, reasonable comfort, with reasonable mileage for a good price. I'm at 3,600 miles so far and things are going great. I track my mileage carefully and get on average 30-31 MPG combine (I do about 50/50 Hwy/City). Admittedly, I drive in a conservative way. No maintenance issues so far.
Favorite Features
- MPG compared to price points. They say "there are better competitors for the price;" which is true, BUT every competitor I reviewed was at least $5,000 more. In one example, a comparable USED Kia Rio was $3,000 more than a NEW Aveo. - Warranty: 36,000 mi. bumper-to-bumper, 100,000 mi. power train / perforation. - Basic yet important features work great: AC, cruise, defrost, radio, aux. input jack, etc. (I got the 1LT with Auto, Cruise, manual locks and seats - $13,300 new) - I've not experienced it yet, but according to my OnStar report I won't need my first oil change for 8,000 miles. Many reports I've read support that.
Suggested Improvements
- Seat/door/steering wheel ratio is OK, but not "super comfortable" - any trip over 2 hours is a bit much. - Outside noise is a tad loud. Not too much. Other than that, no complaints. Great little commuting car (plus the occasional longer trip) that I expect should last me 6-7 years. I'll let you know if that changes...
By drjjjj
on 08/23/12 11:46 AM (PDT)

Sorry, this car is absolute garbage (rented one)-looks are ok , that's it!

By hoodasteph
on 11/04/11 11:10 AM (PDT)

I had a question about the way the car starts it kinda sounds like it has some problems when it starts i only have to push forward once but then it click click clicks before it acctually starts... Do you know why this happens or if it's just because the ecotech engine in it... Please let me know. I just bought a 2011 Aveo5 and I love it so far. Thats about the only concern I have about the car.

By jjalba9
on 06/20/13 22:07 PM (PDT)

In response to the question about how the car starts. I own a 2011 Aveo LT and it does take a moment to crank over, but it is not something you should be worried about. It is just the way that this particular Ecotech engine starts. Hope this helps. Good luck.