Used 2011 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

I wish I had a reckingball
By Pat Spinello

2011 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy really blew it on this model. No wonder they discontinued it. I have had numerous issues with this car since the warranty expired(typical). I have had the struts replaced numerous times, wheel bearings replaced, suspension issues, break-line replaced. I've gone through enough tires that the goodyear guys see me and dance because they know it's going to be a big ticket sale. Currently, I can't get my key out of the ignition unless I hold my stick shift to the left and I'm also have problems with the shift sticking in park. I really hate this car but I am stuck with it because I can't afford a car payment. It really has given me a bad taste in my mouth for Chevy.

It was pretty good in the snow, that is until the anti-lock break mechanism broke.

wrecking ball

Spacious little hatchback
By mirde98

2011 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aveo5 2LT with 52k on it. I really like the exterior design and the interior is very spacious for a little car. Power is adequate for city driving. Drives comfortable and brakes are strong. AC is weak and so its the radio. MPG is barely ok. I get from 26-28Mpg overall. I have the 2LT AUTO with leather seats, sunroof, rims, and fog lamps. Looks pretty sharp compared to the basic LS.

Interior space, exterior styling, features, value.

Needs a more modern more efficient engine.