2011 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Basic and uncomfortable death trap
By marissahill on 06/26/14 11:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought used from rental company with 38k miles. My alternator was out immediately, which is not supposed to happen until 150k miles according to dealership. Beware of where you take the car to get it fixed, because Midas quoted me $600 for part alone (which is not accurate, but part is rare). Gas mileage is way lower than advertised - I am very disappointed. I drive all highway and my 2007 Kia Sportage got better gas mileage than this car. Worst part of vehicle is acceleration. It will not accelerate quickly, which is scary when turning onto busy streets or merging onto freeways. This car has to try so hard just to do basic things. Constantly makes noises and RPM jumps around.

Great Price-to-Value Ratio
By duogross on 10/19/11 18:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First, let's discuss what the 2011 Aveo is not: it is not a luxury car, nor is it a sports car. It is also not a hyper-mileage car that gets 40+ MPG. If you are expecting any of those things, you are sorely mistaken (and, for the price in the low $10,000's, you are also crazy.) What is it? It is a good value for the price. It is a car that get's you from point A to point B. And it does it in reasonable style, reasonable comfort, with reasonable mileage for a good price. I'm at 3,600 miles so far and things are going great. I track my mileage carefully and get on average 30-31 MPG combine (I do about 50/50 Hwy/City). Admittedly, I drive in a conservative way. No maintenance issues so far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Aveo in VA is:

$134 per month*