Used 2011 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

I wish I had a reckingball
By Pat Spinello

2011 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy really blew it on this model. No wonder they discontinued it. I have had numerous issues with this car since the warranty expired(typical). I have had the struts replaced numerous times, wheel bearings replaced, suspension issues, break-line replaced. I've gone through enough tires that the goodyear guys see me and dance because they know it's going to be a big ticket sale. Currently, I can't get my key out of the ignition unless I hold my stick shift to the left and I'm also have problems with the shift sticking in park. I really hate this car but I am stuck with it because I can't afford a car payment. It really has given me a bad taste in my mouth for Chevy.

Favorite Features

It was pretty good in the snow, that is until the anti-lock break mechanism broke.

Suggested Improvements

wrecking ball

Spacious little hatchback
By mirde98

2011 Chevrolet Aveo 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aveo5 2LT with 52k on it. I really like the exterior design and the interior is very spacious for a little car. Power is adequate for city driving. Drives comfortable and brakes are strong. AC is weak and so its the radio. MPG is barely ok. I get from 26-28Mpg overall. I have the 2LT AUTO with leather seats, sunroof, rims, and fog lamps. Looks pretty sharp compared to the basic LS.

Favorite Features

Interior space, exterior styling, features, value.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a more modern more efficient engine.

For the price, there is NO better
By riahrachelle

2011 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Quote honestly, I thought I was making a mistake by buying my used Chevy instead of a newer Hyundai, but surprisingly this small car is amazing. The paint holds up and has wonderful shine, e inside is big enough to hold me comfortably, breaking system out of this world. The only complaint I have is the slower acceleration and the difficulty when on the interstate with hesitant shifting. With 108 hp though, who can really expect anymore.? This is a commuter car and should be reviewed as such. For the price, I've never felt such reliability, no issues with anything and I'm about to hit 60,000 miles. Love this car and my next purchase will certainly be a Chevy!

Favorite Features

Paint, interior feel, radio, reliability. Complete functionality.

Suggested Improvements

Sluggish acceloration, shifty shifting, gas mileage.

Basic and uncomfortable death trap
By marissahill

2011 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought used from rental company with 38k miles. My alternator was out immediately, which is not supposed to happen until 150k miles according to dealership. Beware of where you take the car to get it fixed, because Midas quoted me $600 for part alone (which is not accurate, but part is rare). Gas mileage is way lower than advertised - I am very disappointed. I drive all highway and my 2007 Kia Sportage got better gas mileage than this car. Worst part of vehicle is acceleration. It will not accelerate quickly, which is scary when turning onto busy streets or merging onto freeways. This car has to try so hard just to do basic things. Constantly makes noises and RPM jumps around.

Favorite Features

I like the exterior look and size. Mine has an AUX cord which is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Engine needs more power - Better gas mileage

Great Price-to-Value Ratio
By duogross

2011 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First, let's discuss what the 2011 Aveo is not: it is not a luxury car, nor is it a sports car. It is also not a hyper-mileage car that gets 40+ MPG. If you are expecting any of those things, you are sorely mistaken (and, for the price in the low $10,000's, you are also crazy.) What is it? It is a good value for the price. It is a car that get's you from point A to point B. And it does it in reasonable style, reasonable comfort, with reasonable mileage for a good price. I'm at 3,600 miles so far and things are going great. I track my mileage carefully and get on average 30-31 MPG combine (I do about 50/50 Hwy/City). Admittedly, I drive in a conservative way. No maintenance issues so far.

Favorite Features

- MPG compared to price points. They say "there are better competitors for the price;" which is true, BUT every competitor I reviewed was at least $5,000 more. In one example, a comparable USED Kia Rio was $3,000 more than a NEW Aveo. - Warranty: 36,000 mi. bumper-to-bumper, 100,000 mi. power train / perforation. - Basic yet important features work great: AC, cruise, defrost, radio, aux. input jack, etc. (I got the 1LT with Auto, Cruise, manual locks and seats - $13,300 new) - I've not experienced it yet, but according to my OnStar report I won't need my first oil change for 8,000 miles. Many reports I've read support that.

Suggested Improvements

- Seat/door/steering wheel ratio is OK, but not "super comfortable" - any trip over 2 hours is a bit much. - Outside noise is a tad loud. Not too much. Other than that, no complaints. Great little commuting car (plus the occasional longer trip) that I expect should last me 6-7 years. I'll let you know if that changes...