2010 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: What a piece of junk

2010 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

Aveo5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

What a piece of junk
By buyersremorse on

2010 Chevrolet Aveo 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car back in Jan 2010 to use as my daily commuter car. I was comparing to Fit, Versa, Yaris, and Accent. I picked the Chevy because of the low price and lots of incentives. I must say now that i am truly regretting it, I should have spent more and bought the fit. You really do get what you pay for. This car struggles to even get to 40 mph and the 4 spd auto is just lackluster. The check engine light came out 4 times in the 20,000 miles i put on it. Dealer keeps telling me the gas cap is loose and i know i clicked it at least 3 times. Gets 24 mpg overall and that is pathetic. Interior looks and feel cheap, can't hide the fact that its a cheap car. Already lost 5 grand in value, very sad

Styling is nice, but other than that, absolutely nothing. I am looking to trade it in for a fiesta or fit when i pay it down a little more. I can't bear to drive it anymore.

Everything and stop making claims that GM now competes well with every other manufacture because this car is just a joke.
By mirde98
on 06/19/14 19:52 PM (PDT)

Do a transmission flush (owner's manual says every 50k), change spark plugs, clean throttle body, and finally clean maf sensor. It will help. It help my Aveo5 with 60k.