2010 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: Big inside! Bad MPG.

2010 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

Aveo5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Big inside! Bad MPG.
By mirde98 on

2010 Chevrolet Aveo 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aveo5 LT 60 days ago and now i feel i can submit a good review. The vehicle is super spacious inside for such a small car. The fit and finish overall is good. All is hard plastic but soft to the touch and are low gloss. I have the 2LT package with sunroof, rims, cruise, fog lights, and "leather" seats. No abs though. Stereo sounds decent and armrest is good. Car drives smooth and seats are comfortable. Hatchback design helps when need to carry large boxes. Headlights are strong and visibility is very good. MPG is a major issue with this cars. 22 city is simply unacceptable. Full tank gives me merely 250-280 miles.

Rims, "leather", sunroof, spoiler, cruise, fog lights. Spacious and comfortable seats. Keyless entry, power everything. Value for the money. I like the looks and the silver paint is very shinny. I think the interior design is good but the cupholders are retro. I really like the looks of my car.

The Ecotec 1.6 VVT engine makes enough power for city driving. 4 speed Aisin Automatic transmission is slow and drones the engine. MPG is 22-25 overall which is abysmal for a subcompact car. AC blower already squeaks, most likely will die soon. CD player wont play any CD's. Says error 7. The engine and transmission dont work happy together. I think it may be GM programming since Aisin transmissions are usually good. Sunvisors are tiny. Plastic silver accents scratches easily and the plastic chrome from the vents already peeling.
By mirde98
on 06/19/14 19:55 PM (PDT)

Ok, i did the transimssion flush at GM. New spark plugs. Clean throttle body and maf sensor with the appropriate CRC cleaner products. Mpg went up by 2mpg and runs smoother. As of today my Aveo5 has 61k. No other issues.