2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
A Good Little Car
By mbee19 on 06/21/13 10:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2010 Chevy Aveo for 3 years now (I bought it new) and I love it. Yeah, it's not powerful and it's not the most beautiful thing on the road but I don't think it's any uglier than the rest of these new, weird looking vehicles. I like the interior, it's plenty roomy enough, I've done a couple cross country moves with me, my husband and three dogs (and all our stuff). It's super efficient, which is the most important to me. I can't afford $80 - $100 + a week to get around. I can fill up for about $40 and that gets me almost 300 miles. It's never ever given me any problems, except the driver's seat fabric has a rip from wear and tear, I guess. Make sure to change the oil, it'll last.

can I take this one back
By pgana on 03/05/12 13:50 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this one based off of my understanding of it's gas mileage and reliability. The first one I am good with as I get 26 MPG at my job and 38 Highway, especially coming off of owning an SUV, but my happiness stops there. The reliability on this is horrible, I have had it in the shop 3 times since I bought it in June. The interior design is very lousy too, can not find much of anything positive about that neither, especially the idea of the so called dome light, perhaps in the worst location I can think of for a dome light. the doors are very poorly built and very flimsy. and horribly noisy too. Lousy factory stereo system.

What a deal!
By SoCalMarine on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in Los Angeles for $8795 brand new. $9600 out the door. You just can't beat the value. As for the gas mileage, I drove round trip from San Diego to Lake Tahoe and got a consistent 34-35 mpg. I have noticed a sharp decline when city driving more like 25-29. People need to rate this car by its VALUE. If you are paying $10k for a new car you cant expect it to look or preform like a $30k. But for the price this car has far exceeded my expectations. Perfect eco car or commuter.

Shift lock problems
By dj morse on 07/11/10 15:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Problems after 1 month with shift lock on automatic gear handle. Cannot get car out of park.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan in WA is:

$162 per month*