Used 2010 Chevrolet Aveo Aveo5 1LT Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

It has very few shortcomings for the type of car it's generally classified as.
By inprogressing

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After three months of pouring $80 of gas into a 2008 Jeep Liberty, I headed up a car hunt with a top priority on fuel efficiency. I ended up with a 2010 Chevrolet Aveo, and it surprised me in so many pleasant ways. It's a very effective little car, and then some. Despite some irritating features such as on star and day running lights, the car is extremely fun to drive. It glides like an eagle, quickly and quietly. Its powerful, both mechanically and electrically, and it uses a very intelligent design. It's pretty tough and durable for its size. It looks a little less sharp than average for its size and type, but its roomy, comfortable, and reliable. I would recommend it, very highly.

Favorite Features

Its power and durability are unexpected, but very welcome. In frigid four-season weather, it warms up to full function quickly. Its acceleration and responsiveness talent stuck by me during a rough challenge, and it toughly held out till I... and it... were through unharmed. And I've frequently found myself on snowy roads lagging behind slower moving vehicles that were much larger. The gas mileage all around is fantastic, especially city. 27 might be an understatement... Its layout is exceptional, too. The inside is set up for easy use, with cool things like a sliding cup holder and a hanging cover from inside the hatch over the trunk. Its got a great style to go with its open space.

Suggested Improvements

I've never liked day running headlights. The windshield wipers it came with were a little weak. Some of the simple things like changing the cabin light and adjusting the driver's seat are a little harder than they should be. The on star is also really annoying. Their staff were nice enough the few times I talked to them during my brief trial, but the whole system and its menu were a real pain to use. The way it's integrated into the car is cluttery and distracting, and the technology is just yet more things to spend money on fixing if it breaks down. The instruction manual to the car is a little vague and unhelpful at times. Like how to change the aforementioned light bulb, for example....

Great Car
By ecotec16

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I cannot be happier with this car! I have the 1LT with Black Metallic paint, XM Radio, rear spoiler, driver convenience package, driver information center, anti-lock brakes, air conditioning, and automatic transmission. The car is extremely quiet both inside and out. All the doors shut with a luxury sound (unlike the tin can sound on other economy cars). Fuel mileage is great - - I average 36-40 MPG @ 68 MPH on the highway depending on wind direction/terrain. In the city the average is more like 29 MPG. Visability out of all windows is great. For me their is no blind spots. With OnStar and a supurb warranty (100K powertrain) you cannot go wrong!

Favorite Features

Great winter traction, fuel economy, and visability. OnStar and the excellent warranty complete the package.

little big car
By nxcguy

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This little car feels way bigger inside than out. Em always joking to my wife how small it is (it's hers but i drive it sometimes). once inside i feel as if i'm in a normal size sedan, and i drive a minivan so i really thought it would feel like a go cart. anyone complaining about the peppiness or speed is of there rocker i don't know what people want a rocket.

Favorite Features

Pep, looks and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

28 mpg for a small car like that is a joke, Chevy should be ashamed. i get 25 mpg on my minivan. (chevy venture too bad they quit making it)

This is my second AVEO.. I love the car!
By Connie

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an Aveo when they 1st came out in 2004; only problem I ever had was w/ the horn & clock dying out; Chevy was aware of this flaw & fixed both for free with no hassle. I put 71,000 miles on my 2004, and loved every minute, so when I saw the new 2010 at the dealership, I fell in love & bought it. The ride is GREAT.. smooth & silky. TONS of room inside this car.. my huge boyfriend rides in complete comfort. the car handles like a dream, & the body / build feels tight. the interior is nicely styled much better equipped w/ extras, far more so than other cars in its class. better warranty too!

Favorite Features

Extremely roomy inside, even on long trips. LOVE that OnStar comes with this car! rear seats fold down & you can get lots of cargo inside if you need to. also love that you can now get cruise control & a sunroof! great "zippy" little car. Impressive high marks regarding safety ratings.

Suggested Improvements

This car should be able to get better gas mileage. I also think they should have 3 models: the sedan, the hatch, & then add a 3rd even sportier model, although I hear the 2011 has been redesigned & will be very different & MUCH sportier looking. Otherwise, I cant see any other way to improve the car

Substandard Air conditioning
By Mike Ryan

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I liked the car until I got into the heat of the summer. When two or more people are in the car the AC doesn't cool the car when you are doing stop and go driving. I live in Las Vegas and the car is uncomfortable in the afternoon heat. The dealership told me that that is the way it is! My gas mileage has dropped to 25 mpg. The sight lines are surprisingly poor also. The large support columns block a lot of your vision.