2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Big inside! Bad MPG.
By mirde98 on 02/24/14 22:41 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aveo5 LT 60 days ago and now i feel i can submit a good review. The vehicle is super spacious inside for such a small car. The fit and finish overall is good. All is hard plastic but soft to the touch and are low gloss. I have the 2LT package with sunroof, rims, cruise, fog lights, and "leather" seats. No abs though. Stereo sounds decent and armrest is good. Car drives smooth and seats are comfortable. Hatchback design helps when need to carry large boxes. Headlights are strong and visibility is very good. MPG is a major issue with this cars. 22 city is simply unacceptable. Full tank gives me merely 250-280 miles.

BUYER Beware
By display3 on 08/29/11 15:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2010 Chevy Aveo based due to the fact it was made by Chevy and I wanted a reliable little vehicle that was good on gas. The vehicle rides rough and has no horsepower. It is not good on gas 27 MPH but the worst part about it is that AVEO is not made by Chevy or in the USA. My car has been in the shop for over 20 days due to the fact Chevy can not locate a compressor and can not tell me when they will be able to get the part. I am currently in a rental thanks to the warranty. I have filed a complaint. If it is this hard to get a part when it is only 1 yr old how had will it be able to fix in 2 or 3 years. I am very disapointed. I suggest pay a little more and get a reliable car.

What a piece of junk
By buyersremorse on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car back in Jan 2010 to use as my daily commuter car. I was comparing to Fit, Versa, Yaris, and Accent. I picked the Chevy because of the low price and lots of incentives. I must say now that i am truly regretting it, I should have spent more and bought the fit. You really do get what you pay for. This car struggles to even get to 40 mph and the 4 spd auto is just lackluster. The check engine light came out 4 times in the 20,000 miles i put on it. Dealer keeps telling me the gas cap is loose and i know i clicked it at least 3 times. Gets 24 mpg overall and that is pathetic. Interior looks and feel cheap, can't hide the fact that its a cheap car. Already lost 5 grand in value, very sad

25 mpg is a joke
By Yahble on 04/10/10 05:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very roomy, lots of Glass for all around viewing, easy in/out. That said, the Glass let's in a lot of sun- ac struggles when it's sunny, it's underpowered and lags in a head wind. The biggest failure is the gas mileage- 25 mpg is a joke! (28 mile round trip to/from work-my'94 4x4 4 cyl 5sp Jeep Cherokee, '94 geo tracker 4x4 got 30+mpg) 25 mpg is a joke! 26.9 mpg highway- drafting! I've took it in several times "driving conditions & weather, that's the way it is." I had to take it in for an engine knock, rods weren't tightened, wouldn't start a twice, mpg- "that's the way it is.". Chevy should be embarrassed on the mpg. My recommendation - buy something else if you want the mpg. 25 mpg is a joke on me!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback in VA is:

$132 per month*