Used 2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

It has very few shortcomings for the type of car it's generally classified as.
By inprogressing

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After three months of pouring $80 of gas into a 2008 Jeep Liberty, I headed up a car hunt with a top priority on fuel efficiency. I ended up with a 2010 Chevrolet Aveo, and it surprised me in so many pleasant ways. It's a very effective little car, and then some. Despite some irritating features such as on star and day running lights, the car is extremely fun to drive. It glides like an eagle, quickly and quietly. Its powerful, both mechanically and electrically, and it uses a very intelligent design. It's pretty tough and durable for its size. It looks a little less sharp than average for its size and type, but its roomy, comfortable, and reliable. I would recommend it, very highly.

Its power and durability are unexpected, but very welcome. In frigid four-season weather, it warms up to full function quickly. Its acceleration and responsiveness talent stuck by me during a rough challenge, and it toughly held out till I... and it... were through unharmed. And I've frequently found myself on snowy roads lagging behind slower moving vehicles that were much larger. The gas mileage all around is fantastic, especially city. 27 might be an understatement... Its layout is exceptional, too. The inside is set up for easy use, with cool things like a sliding cup holder and a hanging cover from inside the hatch over the trunk. Its got a great style to go with its open space.

I've never liked day running headlights. The windshield wipers it came with were a little weak. Some of the simple things like changing the cabin light and adjusting the driver's seat are a little harder than they should be. The on star is also really annoying. Their staff were nice enough the few times I talked to them during my brief trial, but the whole system and its menu were a real pain to use. The way it's integrated into the car is cluttery and distracting, and the technology is just yet more things to spend money on fixing if it breaks down. The instruction manual to the car is a little vague and unhelpful at times. Like how to change the aforementioned light bulb, for example....

Big inside! Bad MPG.
By mirde98

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aveo5 LT 60 days ago and now i feel i can submit a good review. The vehicle is super spacious inside for such a small car. The fit and finish overall is good. All is hard plastic but soft to the touch and are low gloss. I have the 2LT package with sunroof, rims, cruise, fog lights, and "leather" seats. No abs though. Stereo sounds decent and armrest is good. Car drives smooth and seats are comfortable. Hatchback design helps when need to carry large boxes. Headlights are strong and visibility is very good. MPG is a major issue with this cars. 22 city is simply unacceptable. Full tank gives me merely 250-280 miles.

Rims, "leather", sunroof, spoiler, cruise, fog lights. Spacious and comfortable seats. Keyless entry, power everything. Value for the money. I like the looks and the silver paint is very shinny. I think the interior design is good but the cupholders are retro. I really like the looks of my car.

The Ecotec 1.6 VVT engine makes enough power for city driving. 4 speed Aisin Automatic transmission is slow and drones the engine. MPG is 22-25 overall which is abysmal for a subcompact car. AC blower already squeaks, most likely will die soon. CD player wont play any CD's. Says error 7. The engine and transmission dont work happy together. I think it may be GM programming since Aisin transmissions are usually good. Sunvisors are tiny. Plastic silver accents scratches easily and the plastic chrome from the vents already peeling.

Great Car
By ecotec16

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I cannot be happier with this car! I have the 1LT with Black Metallic paint, XM Radio, rear spoiler, driver convenience package, driver information center, anti-lock brakes, air conditioning, and automatic transmission. The car is extremely quiet both inside and out. All the doors shut with a luxury sound (unlike the tin can sound on other economy cars). Fuel mileage is great - - I average 36-40 MPG @ 68 MPH on the highway depending on wind direction/terrain. In the city the average is more like 29 MPG. Visability out of all windows is great. For me their is no blind spots. With OnStar and a supurb warranty (100K powertrain) you cannot go wrong!

Great winter traction, fuel economy, and visability. OnStar and the excellent warranty complete the package.

BUYER Beware
By display3

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2010 Chevy Aveo based due to the fact it was made by Chevy and I wanted a reliable little vehicle that was good on gas. The vehicle rides rough and has no horsepower. It is not good on gas 27 MPH but the worst part about it is that AVEO is not made by Chevy or in the USA. My car has been in the shop for over 20 days due to the fact Chevy can not locate a compressor and can not tell me when they will be able to get the part. I am currently in a rental thanks to the warranty. I have filed a complaint. If it is this hard to get a part when it is only 1 yr old how had will it be able to fix in 2 or 3 years. I am very disapointed. I suggest pay a little more and get a reliable car.

I liked the price and the mulitiple AC outlets. I liked the colors and roomy interior. Easy to park compared to my Ford Expedition and F150.

If Chevy is going to sell a vehicle they should have parts esp if it is still under warranty. Also should inform buyers that it is not made by chevy and doe snot have a chevy motor. More horsepower....needs to be updated in order to compete with the other Hatchback vehicles that are avaliable.

43 MPG @ 55 MPH
By Tiny Car/Burly Dude

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car right now and Rio was not an option. The rebate was huge on the Aveo compared to Rio. Chevrolet dealers are everywhere, Kia dealers are not. My last car was an 06 Rio and it was a lemon from day one. The Aveo gets fantastic gas mileage if you drive like I do. I'm in no hurry. It holds the road good in high wind. It has the On-Star feature which can run diagnostics while you drive and give you traffic alerts with the push of a button. The hands free cell phone service of 300 minutes for a year cost 9 bucks. Car handles good, stops good, looks great, controls are easy to operate/find. Plenty of head and leg room up front. Great audio features for external gear.

43 MPG, aux adaptability on radio, On- Star, Looks, ease of entry, lay out of controls, running lights, agility, roominess of interior, 43 MPG, classiness of cockpit, seating positions, tilt wheel, cup holders, cigarette lighter with ashtray. 43 MPG, this car beats Rio by a mile. Huge rebate.

45 MPG