2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Big inside! Bad MPG.
By mirde98 on 02/24/14 22:41 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aveo5 LT 60 days ago and now i feel i can submit a good review. The vehicle is super spacious inside for such a small car. The fit and finish overall is good. All is hard plastic but soft to the touch and are low gloss. I have the 2LT package with sunroof, rims, cruise, fog lights, and "leather" seats. No abs though. Stereo sounds decent and armrest is good. Car drives smooth and seats are comfortable. Hatchback design helps when need to carry large boxes. Headlights are strong and visibility is very good. MPG is a major issue with this cars. 22 city is simply unacceptable. Full tank gives me merely 250-280 miles.

Great Car
By ecotec16 on 09/23/11 07:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I cannot be happier with this car! I have the 1LT with Black Metallic paint, XM Radio, rear spoiler, driver convenience package, driver information center, anti-lock brakes, air conditioning, and automatic transmission. The car is extremely quiet both inside and out. All the doors shut with a luxury sound (unlike the tin can sound on other economy cars). Fuel mileage is great - - I average 36-40 MPG @ 68 MPH on the highway depending on wind direction/terrain. In the city the average is more like 29 MPG. Visability out of all windows is great. For me their is no blind spots. With OnStar and a supurb warranty (100K powertrain) you cannot go wrong!

BUYER Beware
By display3 on 08/29/11 15:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2010 Chevy Aveo based due to the fact it was made by Chevy and I wanted a reliable little vehicle that was good on gas. The vehicle rides rough and has no horsepower. It is not good on gas 27 MPH but the worst part about it is that AVEO is not made by Chevy or in the USA. My car has been in the shop for over 20 days due to the fact Chevy can not locate a compressor and can not tell me when they will be able to get the part. I am currently in a rental thanks to the warranty. I have filed a complaint. If it is this hard to get a part when it is only 1 yr old how had will it be able to fix in 2 or 3 years. I am very disapointed. I suggest pay a little more and get a reliable car.

43 MPG @ 55 MPH
By Tiny Car/Burly Dude on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car right now and Rio was not an option. The rebate was huge on the Aveo compared to Rio. Chevrolet dealers are everywhere, Kia dealers are not. My last car was an 06 Rio and it was a lemon from day one. The Aveo gets fantastic gas mileage if you drive like I do. I'm in no hurry. It holds the road good in high wind. It has the On-Star feature which can run diagnostics while you drive and give you traffic alerts with the push of a button. The hands free cell phone service of 300 minutes for a year cost 9 bucks. Car handles good, stops good, looks great, controls are easy to operate/find. Plenty of head and leg room up front. Great audio features for external gear.

What a piece of junk
By buyersremorse on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car back in Jan 2010 to use as my daily commuter car. I was comparing to Fit, Versa, Yaris, and Accent. I picked the Chevy because of the low price and lots of incentives. I must say now that i am truly regretting it, I should have spent more and bought the fit. You really do get what you pay for. This car struggles to even get to 40 mph and the 4 spd auto is just lackluster. The check engine light came out 4 times in the 20,000 miles i put on it. Dealer keeps telling me the gas cap is loose and i know i clicked it at least 3 times. Gets 24 mpg overall and that is pathetic. Interior looks and feel cheap, can't hide the fact that its a cheap car. Already lost 5 grand in value, very sad

LOVE IT
By Gary on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well just picked it up few days ago, but in that time i see a car that compared to its competitors is very capable, can't say about fuel mileage but style exterior and interior i feel is great, looked at others in this category compared to the Aveo more money warranty not as good, in short for the money cant go wrong will see soon so far extremely happy.

little big car
By nxcguy on 08/19/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This little car feels way bigger inside than out. Em always joking to my wife how small it is (it's hers but i drive it sometimes). once inside i feel as if i'm in a normal size sedan, and i drive a minivan so i really thought it would feel like a go cart. anyone complaining about the peppiness or speed is of there rocker i don't know what people want a rocket.

25 mpg is a joke
By Yahble on 04/10/10 05:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very roomy, lots of Glass for all around viewing, easy in/out. That said, the Glass let's in a lot of sun- ac struggles when it's sunny, it's underpowered and lags in a head wind. The biggest failure is the gas mileage- 25 mpg is a joke! (28 mile round trip to/from work-my'94 4x4 4 cyl 5sp Jeep Cherokee, '94 geo tracker 4x4 got 30+mpg) 25 mpg is a joke! 26.9 mpg highway- drafting! I've took it in several times "driving conditions & weather, that's the way it is." I had to take it in for an engine knock, rods weren't tightened, wouldn't start a twice, mpg- "that's the way it is.". Chevy should be embarrassed on the mpg. My recommendation - buy something else if you want the mpg. 25 mpg is a joke on me!

This is my second AVEO.. I love the car!
By Connie on 02/24/10 06:35 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an Aveo when they 1st came out in 2004; only problem I ever had was w/ the horn & clock dying out; Chevy was aware of this flaw & fixed both for free with no hassle. I put 71,000 miles on my 2004, and loved every minute, so when I saw the new 2010 at the dealership, I fell in love & bought it. The ride is GREAT.. smooth & silky. TONS of room inside this car.. my huge boyfriend rides in complete comfort. the car handles like a dream, & the body / build feels tight. the interior is nicely styled much better equipped w/ extras, far more so than other cars in its class. better warranty too!

Substandard Air conditioning
By Mike Ryan on 07/23/09 06:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I liked the car until I got into the heat of the summer. When two or more people are in the car the AC doesn't cool the car when you are doing stop and go driving. I live in Las Vegas and the car is uncomfortable in the afternoon heat. The dealership told me that that is the way it is! My gas mileage has dropped to 25 mpg. The sight lines are surprisingly poor also. The large support columns block a lot of your vision.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback in VA is:

$129 per month*