Used 2010 Chevrolet Aveo LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

A Good Little Car
By mbee19

2010 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2010 Chevy Aveo for 3 years now (I bought it new) and I love it. Yeah, it's not powerful and it's not the most beautiful thing on the road but I don't think it's any uglier than the rest of these new, weird looking vehicles. I like the interior, it's plenty roomy enough, I've done a couple cross country moves with me, my husband and three dogs (and all our stuff). It's super efficient, which is the most important to me. I can't afford $80 - $100 + a week to get around. I can fill up for about $40 and that gets me almost 300 miles. It's never ever given me any problems, except the driver's seat fabric has a rip from wear and tear, I guess. Make sure to change the oil, it'll last.

Favorite Features

It's roomy for it's size, and the most efficient car I have ever come across.

Suggested Improvements

I can't really think of any, except a better console area for storage.

can I take this one back
By pgana

2010 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this one based off of my understanding of it's gas mileage and reliability. The first one I am good with as I get 26 MPG at my job and 38 Highway, especially coming off of owning an SUV, but my happiness stops there. The reliability on this is horrible, I have had it in the shop 3 times since I bought it in June. The interior design is very lousy too, can not find much of anything positive about that neither, especially the idea of the so called dome light, perhaps in the worst location I can think of for a dome light. the doors are very poorly built and very flimsy. and horribly noisy too. Lousy factory stereo system.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, nearly 40MPG highway

Suggested Improvements

interior design like dome lights, put in a real center console, shift lever, put in a dash display for the gears. Do away with the "hold" feature and do the standard 3rd gear. Work on improving the reliability of it above all else The Model selection on this is not right. it is a 4 speed auto LS

What a deal!
By SoCalMarine

2010 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in Los Angeles for $8795 brand new. $9600 out the door. You just can't beat the value. As for the gas mileage, I drove round trip from San Diego to Lake Tahoe and got a consistent 34-35 mpg. I have noticed a sharp decline when city driving more like 25-29. People need to rate this car by its VALUE. If you are paying $10k for a new car you cant expect it to look or preform like a $30k. But for the price this car has far exceeded my expectations. Perfect eco car or commuter.

Favorite Features

Value, exterior look, comfortable seats, trunk space, hwy mpg and so on.

Suggested Improvements

City MPG, more power would be nice but I'm content as is.

Shift lock problems
By dj morse

2010 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Problems after 1 month with shift lock on automatic gear handle. Cannot get car out of park.

Favorite Features

stylish lots of headroom for big man and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

make sure the car works before selling it