2010 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Big inside! Bad MPG.
By mirde98 on 02/24/14 22:41 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aveo5 LT 60 days ago and now i feel i can submit a good review. The vehicle is super spacious inside for such a small car. The fit and finish overall is good. All is hard plastic but soft to the touch and are low gloss. I have the 2LT package with sunroof, rims, cruise, fog lights, and "leather" seats. No abs though. Stereo sounds decent and armrest is good. Car drives smooth and seats are comfortable. Hatchback design helps when need to carry large boxes. Headlights are strong and visibility is very good. MPG is a major issue with this cars. 22 city is simply unacceptable. Full tank gives me merely 250-280 miles.

A Good Little Car
By mbee19 on 06/21/13 10:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2010 Chevy Aveo for 3 years now (I bought it new) and I love it. Yeah, it's not powerful and it's not the most beautiful thing on the road but I don't think it's any uglier than the rest of these new, weird looking vehicles. I like the interior, it's plenty roomy enough, I've done a couple cross country moves with me, my husband and three dogs (and all our stuff). It's super efficient, which is the most important to me. I can't afford $80 - $100 + a week to get around. I can fill up for about $40 and that gets me almost 300 miles. It's never ever given me any problems, except the driver's seat fabric has a rip from wear and tear, I guess. Make sure to change the oil, it'll last.

good deal for the price
By garryman2 on 05/24/13 06:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 48 thousand on it. It has a 1.6 liter engine. No engine repair has been needed. I was surprised by how roomy this compact car is. I get the mpg that was advertised. The car handles well. The 100 thousand 5 year powertrain warranty and rust protection warranty are big pluses that attracted me to purchase. This car is very basic with no frills like power locks or windows, blue tooth, cruise control, or GPS. The stereo system is average. The exterior design to me looks sleek. I would recommend this car to my friends.

can I take this one back
By pgana on 03/05/12 13:50 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this one based off of my understanding of it's gas mileage and reliability. The first one I am good with as I get 26 MPG at my job and 38 Highway, especially coming off of owning an SUV, but my happiness stops there. The reliability on this is horrible, I have had it in the shop 3 times since I bought it in June. The interior design is very lousy too, can not find much of anything positive about that neither, especially the idea of the so called dome light, perhaps in the worst location I can think of for a dome light. the doors are very poorly built and very flimsy. and horribly noisy too. Lousy factory stereo system.

wish i could trade
By kat427 on 01/10/12 17:15 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My aveo i had now for a year and a half . had sparks changed, all four tires are now bad and pr oblems with going up a hill. Sounds awful in morning ..wish i would have done a better job of looking around

Great Car
By ecotec16 on 09/23/11 07:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I cannot be happier with this car! I have the 1LT with Black Metallic paint, XM Radio, rear spoiler, driver convenience package, driver information center, anti-lock brakes, air conditioning, and automatic transmission. The car is extremely quiet both inside and out. All the doors shut with a luxury sound (unlike the tin can sound on other economy cars). Fuel mileage is great - - I average 36-40 MPG @ 68 MPH on the highway depending on wind direction/terrain. In the city the average is more like 29 MPG. Visability out of all windows is great. For me their is no blind spots. With OnStar and a supurb warranty (100K powertrain) you cannot go wrong!

BUYER Beware
By display3 on 08/29/11 15:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2010 Chevy Aveo based due to the fact it was made by Chevy and I wanted a reliable little vehicle that was good on gas. The vehicle rides rough and has no horsepower. It is not good on gas 27 MPH but the worst part about it is that AVEO is not made by Chevy or in the USA. My car has been in the shop for over 20 days due to the fact Chevy can not locate a compressor and can not tell me when they will be able to get the part. I am currently in a rental thanks to the warranty. I have filed a complaint. If it is this hard to get a part when it is only 1 yr old how had will it be able to fix in 2 or 3 years. I am very disapointed. I suggest pay a little more and get a reliable car.

What a deal!
By SoCalMarine on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in Los Angeles for $8795 brand new. $9600 out the door. You just can't beat the value. As for the gas mileage, I drove round trip from San Diego to Lake Tahoe and got a consistent 34-35 mpg. I have noticed a sharp decline when city driving more like 25-29. People need to rate this car by its VALUE. If you are paying $10k for a new car you cant expect it to look or preform like a $30k. But for the price this car has far exceeded my expectations. Perfect eco car or commuter.

43 MPG @ 55 MPH
By Tiny Car/Burly Dude on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car right now and Rio was not an option. The rebate was huge on the Aveo compared to Rio. Chevrolet dealers are everywhere, Kia dealers are not. My last car was an 06 Rio and it was a lemon from day one. The Aveo gets fantastic gas mileage if you drive like I do. I'm in no hurry. It holds the road good in high wind. It has the On-Star feature which can run diagnostics while you drive and give you traffic alerts with the push of a button. The hands free cell phone service of 300 minutes for a year cost 9 bucks. Car handles good, stops good, looks great, controls are easy to operate/find. Plenty of head and leg room up front. Great audio features for external gear.

What a piece of junk
By buyersremorse on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car back in Jan 2010 to use as my daily commuter car. I was comparing to Fit, Versa, Yaris, and Accent. I picked the Chevy because of the low price and lots of incentives. I must say now that i am truly regretting it, I should have spent more and bought the fit. You really do get what you pay for. This car struggles to even get to 40 mph and the 4 spd auto is just lackluster. The check engine light came out 4 times in the 20,000 miles i put on it. Dealer keeps telling me the gas cap is loose and i know i clicked it at least 3 times. Gets 24 mpg overall and that is pathetic. Interior looks and feel cheap, can't hide the fact that its a cheap car. Already lost 5 grand in value, very sad

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Aveo in VA is:

$129 per month*