AVOID! ANY OTHER CAR WOULD BE BETTER!
By aveosucks on
2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
Good: Cute and has onstar and XM. Bad: Having the Aveo5 for not even 2 years, if I added up all the repairs (warranty or not) they would exceed the cost of the car. Cheap if you can't afford ANY other subcompact but built only to drive to the store and back. Car was in for repairs within 48 hours of purchase. Suggestion: buy a LENGTHY and comprehensive warranty, you'll need it!
Favorite Features
OnStar and XM radio, more costs into this car. 0% interest for 72 months. Great AC in Florida!
Suggested Improvements
Even though it costs more, look at a Honda Fit. The costs I've put into repairs would make the monthly payment on a Fit cheaper! Aveo is made of poor quality and backed by dealerships and GM who will not admit there are HUGE problems with this car (see the Forum on the Aveo for the tons of issues). Improvements would be to listen to the owners and hire more supervisors at GM customer service (as there are never any around...)
By gotosleepworld
on 08/22/12 18:59 PM (PDT)

Please, for the love of God, buy an extended warranty on this vehicle if you dare to buy it. I thank God for my warranty, as I have used it on more than one occasion in the less than two years that I've owned it. I hate the car. Hate it! I wish Chevy would recall it. Had compressor replaced and not three months later am looking at electrical problems and may need a new alternator! Run away!