Nice car, check it out.
By Roy on
2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I needed a 4dr hatchback with automatic. My car also has the optional power package with keyless entry. Narrowed my choices to the Aveo, and the 2008 Fit, both of which had some minor pluses over the other. The Aveo has CC, drivers seat height and lumbar adjustments, and an armrest. It also has daylight running lights, an alarm system, and free Onstar for one year. The front end has been redesigned, and the interior has been upgraded. The engine has a few more horses with improved gas mileage. I have been averaging 30 MPG in mixed driving, and the engine turns 2800 RPM at 70 MPH. Generally quiet with some road noise. Very roomy, great visibility, nice handling, and good acceleration.
Favorite Features
The OnStar system which also has a hands free phone system. Stereo has six speakers, auxillary jack, and 180 watts of power. Ease of entry, hardly need to bend to enter or exit. Nice looking interior, albeit mostly plastic. Overall my Aveo has been a pleasant surprise.
Suggested Improvements
A few more horses, although acceleration is good from 0 to 45, it lacks some punch in the 45 to 75 range. Perhaps a fold flat passenger seat, and a little more cargo room.