Many Problems with my car
By kathrynm on
2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
Car broke down every day for three months. I was taking bus because my new car stalled five-six times every hour...on freeways and bridges, all the time. Finally, problem: Oxygen Sensor. Month 2: Windshield cracked bottom to top. Month three: Sway bar kept creaking like a 40 year old clunker. They have re-greased it four times and I still get the same story.just needs grease (every three-four weeks). Rear passenger windows don't roll up...inside is now wet and moldy. Driver floor mat keeps getting caught in clutch pedal. Stereo stopped working. Interior light does not work. Ignition problem. Takes four to five tries...four bent keys...have to twist steering wheel and wiggle. I am sad.
Favorite Features
It is a peppy little car and I loved it when I bought it. Unfortunately, I am no longer in love with it.
Suggested Improvements
There is so many problems with this car I almost wish they'd recall it it.
By gotosleepworld
on 08/22/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

You guys sound like me! I have a 2009 Chevy Aveo, and it is a total piece of crap. I've never been more unhappy with a car. I am researching how I can ditch the da** thing now.

By mrsskogs
on 11/25/11 21:17 PM (PST)

Check your state's lemon law - we're going through a lemon law buy-back on or 09 Aveo right now. We're going through arbitration with the Better Business Bureau, which represents the State of MN. Document as much as you can with work orders, receipts, etc - including the costs you incurred for alternate travel. Depending on your state GM may be responsible for reimbursing you. Also, DON'T take their first or even second phone offers as they will refuse to provide anything in writing. Good luck!