2009 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: Good Commuter Car

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Review

Good Commuter Car
By Bubba on

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I did the Cash For Clunkers deal. I needed a good commuter car since I drive a minimum of 700 miles a week. All you Jerseyites will understand. So far the car has been performing exactly as I wanted. 35 to 36 mpg in mixed driving mostly through the Pine Barrens. I have the auto with cruise control and they are the two items I must have. Comfort is fine. On Star is great so I don't need a cell phone if I break down in the pines or when I hit a deer again. Also got the 5 door which I highly recommend. This car is about utility and the 5 door is the way to go. Get me to work and home, load stuff in when I need to. I bought the car for cheap, reliable transportation. Grade: A+.

Usable space, gas mileage, low cost, electric windows and door locks, radio and CD player, OnStar, good automatic w/cruise, *acceptable* engine performance, warranty.

I dunno, maybe a turbo V6 for the same money? 100 mpg? No, the car if fine as it is for what it is. When I retire 31 months from now I'm going to improve it by buying a Corvette or Camaro SS. That is my suggested improvement. I suggest you do the same no matter what your wife says.