2009 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: buy a bike. it will save you g

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Review

buy a bike. it will save you gas, money, and your life...
By xoamandapanda on

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had been driving a 1997 Ford Taurus which randomly broke down on the road and I needed something safer than that, so we bought this car. Last night, I was in a horrendous car accident. The entire front of my car was taken off even at 7 mph (an Acura MDX slammed into me- not my fault). I was not hurt and neither was my passenger. My airbags did not deploy and Onstar never called. I called to complain to Chevy and all they could do was say I wasn't hit in the right spot for the air bags to deploy. The pick up is garbage and I am often beeped at for not being able to accelerate. I also get about 16-18 mpg city. I use a gallon of gas each day going 20 miles. I will NEVER buy another Chevy.

I can fit into small parking spaces.

This car needs a serious amount of work, and from what I have seen with the Sonic, the Sonic is no better. It needs better pick up (the Sonic offers 138 horsepower- that's a joke for a 'turbocharged' car especially when the Aveo only has 107), air bags that actually work, and cup holders in a place where I can actually insert a cup.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review