2009 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: Already want to trade in after

2009 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

1LT Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Already want to trade in after only 3 months.
By bkm89 on

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Three months ago I traded in my truck to find a car with better gas mileage. We found an aveo. My parents really liked it, and the dealer(my fathers cousin) also told us it was a very good car. Not the case. I have no good things to say. The gas mileage is nowhere near the expected I get no better than 25, and all my driving is highway or back roads. Not good in the snow even with studded directionals. The heater makes a ticking noise, very loud especially on highway. Radio cuts out when you turn on the rear window defrost. Whistling noise if you hit 60mph sometimes lower than that. Looks and feels cheaply made inside. Doesn't meet my expectations worst car I've owned.

The only thing I like about this car was the trunk space. I moved out of my dorm and only needed one trip.

Make parts easier to get. We had to order everything just to change the oil. Even the tires were an oddball size. To get the gas mileage that was stated. My fiances car is said to get in the upper 30s per gallon and he easily gets 40 to 42. Our cars are the same year. Guess I should have bought a toyota since an Aveo isn't even American made after all.
By carexpert62
on 11/24/14 19:47 PM (PST)

I'm a mechanic and I've dealt with various Chevrolet motors but no engine is like Aveo's faulty engine. I've decided to not take in any more Aveo's because of this observation.