2009 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
enjoying the ride
By ics on 04/20/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my aveo5 after my brother in law let me drive his. I test drove the nissan versa and honda fit but like the aveo the best. The only problem I had with it was after driving a suv for 10 years I drove the aveo like a suv. The front of the aveo is too low and now I have damage to the front of the car. I now am more cautious.

disappointed
By Tony on 03/30/09 20:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoyed my Aveo 5 at first. A few months into owning it, it died on me on a winter's night. Vehicle was towed to dealership. Computer was reprogrammed. Before this happened I was getting 35 mpg. Afterward, I'm getting 23 mpg. Have contacted GM and they will do nothing about it. Purchased car for good gas mileage so am very disappointed. My mid size, V6, Saturn Aura gets better mileage than Aveo,a 4 cyl. econo car. Also lots of rattles. Will probably get rid of it at a loss. Sad!

Good Car For The Money
By jenny4bass on 03/26/09 01:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had my last vehicle (Chevy Venture) for 11 years and it was time for something new. After spending 3 hours with a local dealership getting the run around I called another dealer about 30 miles away and over the phone he gave me a price $250 less. I had a hard time keeping from laughing every time I look at it and everyone says it's sooo cute but they are impressed with the milage. I had to get the hatchback because I have 2 large dogs that travel with me. The MPG is great (I get about 30) but with a small gas tank I still have to fill it quite often. When my girlfriend saw it she named it a Chevy Buttless and the name stuck. But it is sooo cute for a minicar.

Better than expected
By Bob on 01/15/09 05:13 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I own an Aveo5 2LT, 2009. The drive by wire is a little tough to get used to with the 5 speed, although I have adapted. The leatherette interior is very nice, but the drivers seat is already out of shape and this happened almost from day one. Overall though I am really happy with my purchase. The car is fun to drive and quite comfortable. If you are currently driving a larger car it will take a few days to adjust to the higher RPMs at highway speeds, but you really get a driving experience as opposed to feeling like you are sitting on your den sofa. Great little car for the money!

How much fun is this?
By NC Dad-UCLA Daughter on 10/04/08 20:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

About a month ago, I purchased a 2009 Aveo5 2LT for my daughter. The only options not on the vehicle were leatherette seats and a sunroof. After driving small, medium, and large SUVs for several years, I had forgotten how much fun driving a small car really is. My daughter needed to get to grad school at UCLA and we drove across the country from North Carolina (2700 miles). Since I am 6 feet 3 inches tall (with long legs) I was concerned, but I found it comfortable, quiet, and with good handling, even on the day we traveled 680 miles. I was very pleased with the overall 31 mpg we got on the trip, especially since the little thing was loaded. It cost just $318 in gas for the trip!

Don't get an Aveo
By Blue Moon Aveo on 09/27/08 13:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo is attractive and the sound system is decent but it lacks in performance. Mine is only averaging 23 miles a gallon. Wind noise and slow exceration make it a poor choice compared to other cars, but it is cheaper. Mine had a defunct OnStar system (though purchased new with only 15 miles on it) and it took GM six weeks to get the OnStar fixed and reprogrammed.

Kind of a blast from the past.
By Doggie Daddy on 09/16/08 08:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Some "professional" reviews talk about the 5 speed trans being "jerky." At 13 miles on the clock, it was. By 200 miles, it had smoothed out considerably. It could be a mechanical form of tromp loi, but everything sounds solid about the Aveo. The handling is sensitive but precise enough for me. Mileage has been as advertised. Everyone who has ridden with me comments about the roominess and exelent visibility. With the LS you get the basic car and so is reminisent of Pinto, Vega, Colt, Civic of the past (had 'em all) but somehow a little more evolved. The option packages seem a little lop- sided. Time will tell on reliability, but for now I have no issues and enjoy my new ride every day.

Nice car, check it out.
By Roy on 08/27/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a 4dr hatchback with automatic. My car also has the optional power package with keyless entry. Narrowed my choices to the Aveo, and the 2008 Fit, both of which had some minor pluses over the other. The Aveo has CC, drivers seat height and lumbar adjustments, and an armrest. It also has daylight running lights, an alarm system, and free Onstar for one year. The front end has been redesigned, and the interior has been upgraded. The engine has a few more horses with improved gas mileage. I have been averaging 30 MPG in mixed driving, and the engine turns 2800 RPM at 70 MPH. Generally quiet with some road noise. Very roomy, great visibility, nice handling, and good acceleration.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Aveo in VA is:

$133 per month*