Used 2009 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Nice little car
By rallen

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 115 miles round trip to work every day. I bought this car for the economy and because of the deal on it. I average 36 mpg. At 70 mph. The interior is very nice (LT). No rattles. Radio is very good. Changing the oil is easy once you get a 45 star bit and a 24meter socket for the filter. All in all a nice little car.

Stereo(LT),Surprisingly nice quality interior(LT)

5 speed is slushy feeling.Ugly wheel covers. Engine noise is a bit loud...6 speed would help engine noise and improve economy.

new us cars what can they do!
By jens arendttorp

2009 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

29.8 mpg is all I can squeeze out of it; even with a lucas additive in the fuel; a good driving car; as good as a Toyota Prius maybe even better, but poor fuel economy compared to my old Toyota Tercel wagon with on-demand 4 wheel drive, which is handy during winter months

I don't know that there is anything favorite about any of these new cars; they are all steril in in appearance and functionality. The hip sway in the back deters from rear view visibility!

make a 4x4 on demand station wagon version

GAVE IT UP AFTER 10 MOS.
By LEON

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After 10 mos and more rattles than my old 99 Chevy. I decided when the front end began to squeek and rattle when going over light dip and bump, I knew then with all the other rattle with the back seats and rear tire storage tire area, this vehicle wasn't going to be the car for me. Also the power wasn't the best even going up a incline such as a raised bridge incline and definately was not meant to mountain travel as I found out twice. Overall it's a South Korean made economy car, good gas mileage for flat road travel, cramped inside spacing, and the cup holder well, what were they thinking?. Tired of wind up cars and poor workmanship.

Good gas mileage.

Make an Amercian economy car in America. Move the cup holder somewhere it can be used.

not bad for a subcompact
By BigRed614

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my suv durring cash for clunkers. I looked around a bit, then I went in to my local chevy dealer and asked for the cheapest car on the lot. They gave me the "09 aveo manual hatchback. I have about 4-5 thousand miles on it so far, and this car is great. Gas mileage is great, about 25 city and 38-40 highway. The engine is what you expect, little car little engine, but it does the job, and will get over 100 mph (I tested that the 1st night I had it). Interior is pretty good, a little sparse, but comfy. The roof is high so even my tall friends will fit. Only issue I have w/ it is that all the windows have a tendency to fog up, even w/ the defrost on. But for under $200 a month, GREAT!

fuel economy, high roof so i won't hit my head, sound system, sunglass holder on the driver side

More powerful engine, better cup holders in the rear, better heating/cooling system

Fire Hazard
By Not Happy

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was getting ready to get on I-5 and my car died. Coasted to the side of the road and hit the ON Star. They said a tow truck was on its way (30 minutes). A state trooper stopped and told me to stay in the car but also said he smelled gasoline. I told him I had been trying to start it again but "no go". When the tow driver showed up was told that the car was leaking gas. When it got to the dealership on the truck, the gas went everywhere. Attendant told me I could have been killed. Broken fuel rail. The dealer was notified and all he could say was"was there an impact" no apology - but will give us one (1) free oil change- not bad for almost being killed. GM customer service - zero!!

I like the color

Decent customer service - also OnStar never did acknowledge the fuel rail problem.