Used 2009 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

A bit too pricey
By Elwapo72

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Chevy Aveo for about 1 year now. I haven't had any major problems. The very first problem I had was that the Onstar wasn't working. Second problem I am still having is that at times it will not start. I usually have to wait about a minute or two then try again and it usually starts. The other thing is how hard it is to find oil filters for it. Sometimes the filters are a little pricey.

Favorite Features

Even though it is a small vehicle I like the room i have inside. I am 5'9" and weight over 250 lbs and I fit comfy especially on long trips. the gas mileage is pretty good also.

Suggested Improvements

They need to make servicing the vehicle yourself more easy. Other than that it is an ok car.

A BIG mistake!
By Connie

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Such a disappointment! I owned it for 6 months & traded it in. Blows all over the road on a windy day, can't imagine how bad it blows around in the winter months. Loses all power going up a hill - by the time you get to the top you could walk faster. Low tire pressure light keeps coming on even though pressure is right. Radio is poor. Cup holder is a joke. All in all just feels junky.

Favorite Features

I like the body shape & color I had, blue moon.

Suggested Improvements

Heavier weight & more power.

Don't do it
By Jenn

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car when I turned 16 as my first car. I've never hated anything more than this! Truth be told, I've wrecked it twice but in both the wrecks the air bags DIDN'T deploy and onstar didn't come on. It's extremely hard to see long distances at night and when it shifts you feel it. My dad paid $16,200 after ttl and he regret paying more than $10,000. This car is HORRIBLE

Favorite Features

The spoiler and sound system

Suggested Improvements

Take this piece of crap off the market!

A LOT of car for the money
By Johnny

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo is not a Mercedes --we all know that. It also costs a fraction of what a Mercedes costs, and thousands of dollars less than a similarly equipped Honda, Toyota, Kia or Nissan. Frankly, I don't see the value in spending a lot more money for Honda or Toyota badging. This car is roomy, comfortable, very reliable, cheap to operate, and has a good ride. I could not be more pleased with a car that cost me $10,999 + tax that has air conditioning, a great stereo with MP3 connectivity, and even a rear spoiler. Get one. You won't regret it.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage, ride, comfort, space, looks.

Suggested Improvements

A little more pep in the engine.

Aveo, what a mistake.
By roadkilled680

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Where do I start? There's so much wrong. It started with the accelerator being wired backwards. When you step down on the gas it stops when you let up it goes. The engine sputters on acceleration. The trans grinds into 2nd gear. Gas mileage very poor 30 highway at best with 5 spd. Now the other day the engine just died and I couldn't get it going again. Bought brand new 09 gm will not accept any responsibility

Favorite Features

interior is nice for a pile of crap.

Suggested Improvements

start over