2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Good car, depending on your expectations
By Thymeclock on 01/26/10 12:27 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo seemed far more comfortable and easier to drive than competitors. My wife LOVES the car! It's cute and it's fun to drive. There appears to be more negative bias toward this car than deserved. Test drive one and compare it to the Yaris, Fit, Rio, etc. for yourself. You may not need or want certain features others may offer. This was the right car for us, considering what we expect from it.

Nice car, depending on your expectations
By BarkyDog on 01/07/10 15:04 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo seemed far more comfortable and easier to drive than competitors. I bought the Aveo for my wife for her local commuting to work without her having seen it or driven it beforehand. She absolutely LOVES the car! It's cute and it's fun to drive. Don't judge the Aveo by what the (usually negative) "experts" reviews alone say. There appears to be more negative bias toward this car than deserved. Test drive one and compare it to the Yaris, Fit, Rio, etc. for yourself. You may not need or want certain features others may offer. This was the right car for us, considering what we expect from it. We got it for less than the dealer invoice price, plus an additional $2000 off.

Should not have gotten
By Pete on 01/03/10 14:44 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is terrible in the wind at highway speeds and even worse in the snow. Ride is very noisy. I wish they had offered a buy back within 60 days of when I bought.

Great Car AVEO 5
By Bill on 12/22/09 09:45 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The only problem I have with this car is some of sensors blink on when it gets really cold. Otherwise I would suggest this ride for anyone. Much roomier than what it looks like from the outside. Thanks Chevy for putting out a great car.

How about the truth
By Ash on 11/16/09 20:22 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had been searching for a vehicle for months now. I wanted something not too expensive and won't will get me from A to B. I found the nicest fire red 4 door hatchback (5 door). Automatic and fully loaded! It was fantastic. However, bad news. You feel absolutely everything in the vehicle. It isn't as reliable as they make it seem. I have had to return my car three times now. I am going for the forth. I will probably bring back my car before the 60 day guarantee as I have had the worse luck with the car. I am extremely upset, because it isn't what was expected. If you get the car at a good deal and don't mind it being slow and feeling all. Go for it! besides that look away

34mpg Yeah right going down hill!!!!!!!!
By 34mpg YEAH right on 08/29/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had this car for nearly a year. Never once has this thing busted 27mpg. Must have been some good grass the day the EPA got a hold of this one. Rides OK, looks great. Needs power if there is no gas mileage.

Nice car, over hyped milage
By Dean Robertson on 08/14/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I cashed in on the Cash for Clunkers deal and got a good deal on the car. I was promised at least 30 mph in town and 35 on the highway. Nada. The first check was 23 mpg, then 20 and today only 21. I'm very disappointed in that ... but surprising good ride for a small car. But I bought it for the gas savings. Now the dealership says give it 10 to 15,000 miles before it will perform as promised. Waiting.

LS
By igotanewcar on 08/07/09 01:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just picked up my fist new car. Picked it up with 100 miles on it and drove 1000 miles to Florida and it ran great. It averaged 35+mpg and that was running 70 mph on interstate. The downside is it runs at 3250rpm running 70 mph seems high but it is not normal driving for me. I normally drive 55 on the highway going to work and should do much better on mpg. LS package has no air, cd, or cruse. It would be nice but for the price I won't complain. 12000 list price - 1000 rebate and - 4500 cash4clunkers = $6500 before tax, title, license. My dad bought a mazda brand new in 1978 for $6700 hard to imagine 30 years later same price for better vehicle.

'09 Aveo Automatic
By Oregonaveo on 07/19/09 16:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased the '09 Aveo 5 w/ auto and air package. So far I am happy with it. With the cash 4 clunkers and employee pricing I am paying $8000 including Title and Registration.

GM finally built a good compact car
By Ernie on 07/11/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a compact car with good Gas mileage. I think I got one with this 2009 Aveo. It's fun to drive. It rides better than I thought it would. and I get 32 MPG in the city. I think GM finally has built a good compact car. It has more pick up than I thought it would. Not to good on a up grade but it's a compact car. I only had it for about a month now and I don't think it has any blind spots in it. The side windows are big. The engine runs quiet and it has a good ride on the highway. only one thing wrong with it, made in Korea. If anyone wants a compact car they should take a good look at a Aveo.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback in VA is:

$133 per month*