Used 2009 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

piece of junk
By martin71

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2009, I use to but toyota, but I thought I'd give them a chance. It was the biggest mistake I have ever done. Right now I am under the lemon law. Engine keeps missfiring. just had worked on again, Chevy said that they would compensate me for my problems, but when I asked the to give me a 2 year extended warrenty. They said no the best they could is give me is free maintence for a year. Wow free oil changes. Way to go Chevy, thats how you take care off your customers. Once this car is paid off, I will dump it fast. Will be going back to Toyota.

None

Don't get a Chevy

Already want to trade in after only 3 months.
By bkm89

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Three months ago I traded in my truck to find a car with better gas mileage. We found an aveo. My parents really liked it, and the dealer(my fathers cousin) also told us it was a very good car. Not the case. I have no good things to say. The gas mileage is nowhere near the expected I get no better than 25, and all my driving is highway or back roads. Not good in the snow even with studded directionals. The heater makes a ticking noise, very loud especially on highway. Radio cuts out when you turn on the rear window defrost. Whistling noise if you hit 60mph sometimes lower than that. Looks and feels cheaply made inside. Doesn't meet my expectations worst car I've owned.

The only thing I like about this car was the trunk space. I moved out of my dorm and only needed one trip.

Make parts easier to get. We had to order everything just to change the oil. Even the tires were an oddball size. To get the gas mileage that was stated. My fiances car is said to get in the upper 30s per gallon and he easily gets 40 to 42. Our cars are the same year. Guess I should have bought a toyota since an Aveo isn't even American made after all.

What a mess!!
By markg13

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Always drove Chevys, this may be my last! Going back to dealer again for same reason within 2 mnths, do I blame the dealer or the crappy car? Creaks and groans from the frame/bodywork within first week of purchase, mileage nowhere near advertised levels, rides like a covered wagon on the Oregon Trail, about as peppy as a lawn mower (and as quiet as one!); nice interior, though. Is this GM's idea of a joke? Is this how you re-build trust in a company that almost went belly-up? I realize this car came from subsidiary in S. Korea, that doesnt excuse shoddy execution/quality. Beware!!

Disappointing but...
By ScootsG8

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aveo5LT in August of '09 after getting a job an hour from home. I drive rural highways nearly all the way. A 15mph wind makes it unnerving and a 25 mph wind makes it downright scary. Being in MN, it's difficult to get around in snow with the small tires and short clearance. I'm averaging 31 mpg on the highway and that's not enough. It's loud, not really well-built and to be honest, it's easy to imagine heavy damage meeting anything larger than a mailbox, should you get in an accident. The oil filters are spendy. Suzuki builds the for Chevrolet. The only saving grace of the Aveo is the room. I'm 6'3" and have no issues with headroom in the car. Value is so-so.

Headroom. Good visibility.

Lighten the internal parts of the engine to develop some quicker power. Quiet it down. Have Holden build it instead of Suzuki.

Same problem, 4 times in 3 weeks
By sunshine

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

the acceleration is not very good however,the good fuel economy makes up for it. i have owned this car just under a year now and recently have been having problems with the car. They keep fixing it but 2 days later it breaks again. tomorrow will be the fourth time in less than three weeks that i will be taking it into the dealership. other than this, i love the car, but i guess you get what you pay for! Cheap price means cheap quality

i love the Yellow color i got. and i love how despite how small it may look, the inside is very spacious and will comfortably fit everyone

QUALITY