2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
A lemon
By Molly on 02/09/10 03:09 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car used with 25K miles. I drove it 200 miles on the hwy and could only get my gas mileage average up to 24mpg. Disappointing. I could not get it to accelerate enough to merge with traffic. Other motorists would honk and flash their lights because the vehicle would slow down traffic. After 10 days of owning it, the check engine light came on during a snow blizzard in Minnesota and the vehicle decelerated to 5 miles per hour nearly causing a traffic accident. This all happened without warning. All of a sudden it seemed as though I was riding in a rocket ship. The engine began to die as I turned the heat on and a cracking sound was heard from the motor. I got rid of it.

Great for under 12500!
By My favorite! on 01/09/10 20:25 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well I've had it for 5 months now and it has been a little champ! Of course its a little slow (I have the auto) but I get 26 city and about 33 highway. Its a nicely built car, I've had no rattles or problems like others have said. I have every feature except the leatherette seats. The only fault I really have with it is that I feel it could be either sportier with some engine tuning (maybe even raise mpgs?) but everything is good. I wish they would give the car a little more something with the styling outside ( I don't like the headlights on the aveo5). I would recommend this car to anyone on a budget!

Love my 2009 Chevy Aveo LS 4 door 1.6 L
By Missouri Man on 10/31/09 10:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Get 33 mpg plus in city traffic and 40-46 mpg plus driving highway in Missouri Ozark Mountains on interstate or two lane or city traffic. Great deal for the price on a subcompact of $10,600 brand new 2009. Excellent view out all directions of window, great comfort and leg/head room. Quiet, no road noise or engine noise. Easy to steer and operate, handles well, rides smooth, lots of trunk space, good stereo with plug in for Ipod or MP3 player, Onstar features! I cannot say enough good about this car, for the price and after shopping for over a year driving and looking at all over subcompacts, this is the best deal going by far! Love driving it, AC works wonderful, and can haul 4 people!

Good Commuter Car
By Bubba on 10/18/09 12:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I did the Cash For Clunkers deal. I needed a good commuter car since I drive a minimum of 700 miles a week. All you Jerseyites will understand. So far the car has been performing exactly as I wanted. 35 to 36 mpg in mixed driving mostly through the Pine Barrens. I have the auto with cruise control and they are the two items I must have. Comfort is fine. On Star is great so I don't need a cell phone if I break down in the pines or when I hit a deer again. Also got the 5 door which I highly recommend. This car is about utility and the 5 door is the way to go. Get me to work and home, load stuff in when I need to. I bought the car for cheap, reliable transportation. Grade: A+.

Hoping for the Best
By $4,300 for 2009 Aveo on 10/15/09 17:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aveo as part of the Cash for Clunkers program after all rebates my price $4,300. Did not need car as had purchased 2008 Civic Hybrid prior year. I have enjoyed the car and believe it is good for my teenagers to experience the manual door locks and manual windows. It has a comfortable riding position and I like the interior. I recently changed my oil and was surprised with canister oil filter and torx socket for drain plug.

Dis-Satisfied
By Jlyn89 on 10/10/09 11:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Where do I begin. I've had nothing but problems w/my car. The RMP's don't idle right. It makes shuddering movements while driving & while stopped. After 1 month of having it, I had a transmission problem and other tiny problems. Buying this car was the worst decision I made. Don't expect a race car, because this car lacks power, very much. Dealership would not fix my car, so I got an attorney & General Motors agreed to buy back the car, so now I'm on the hunt for another. But I will tell you that this car was a pain in the neck the whole 3 months I had it. But I loved the way it looked outside & especially inside its such a nice looking car, just doesn't run the way it's supposed to.

LT Sedan
By Iffos on 10/02/09 16:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 LT sedan Aveo back in May before the cash for clunkers. I love the car for the most part. Mines more of the sport version with a small spoiler, sun roof, leather seats, Alloy rims and a nice deck. I'm just about to hit 9k cause I bought mine with 3k on it. It still running great I like the sedan way more then the hatch back because you get more room. I'm always hitting 30 mpg and on the highway I'm hitting about 34 mpg. Great looking sedan. This was a 2009 Aveo built in 2008.

Dollar for Dollar best value
By Jimbo on 08/07/09 05:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent fuel mpg. Fun to drive LT with wheels,sunroof and spoiler is the way to go.. Get the ABS brakes.. Style and performance. Get the sedan not the hatch.. Sedan more room.

Don't get an Aveo
By Blue Moon Aveo on 09/27/08 13:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo is attractive and the sound system is decent but it lacks in performance. Mine is only averaging 23 miles a gallon. Wind noise and slow exceration make it a poor choice compared to other cars, but it is cheaper. Mine had a defunct OnStar system (though purchased new with only 15 miles on it) and it took GM six weeks to get the OnStar fixed and reprogrammed.

Nice car, check it out.
By Roy on 08/27/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a 4dr hatchback with automatic. My car also has the optional power package with keyless entry. Narrowed my choices to the Aveo, and the 2008 Fit, both of which had some minor pluses over the other. The Aveo has CC, drivers seat height and lumbar adjustments, and an armrest. It also has daylight running lights, an alarm system, and free Onstar for one year. The front end has been redesigned, and the interior has been upgraded. The engine has a few more horses with improved gas mileage. I have been averaging 30 MPG in mixed driving, and the engine turns 2800 RPM at 70 MPH. Generally quiet with some road noise. Very roomy, great visibility, nice handling, and good acceleration.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan in VA is:

$136 per month*