Used 2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

What a mess!!
By markg13

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Always drove Chevys, this may be my last! Going back to dealer again for same reason within 2 mnths, do I blame the dealer or the crappy car? Creaks and groans from the frame/bodywork within first week of purchase, mileage nowhere near advertised levels, rides like a covered wagon on the Oregon Trail, about as peppy as a lawn mower (and as quiet as one!); nice interior, though. Is this GM's idea of a joke? Is this how you re-build trust in a company that almost went belly-up? I realize this car came from subsidiary in S. Korea, that doesnt excuse shoddy execution/quality. Beware!!

Same problem, 4 times in 3 weeks
By sunshine

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

the acceleration is not very good however,the good fuel economy makes up for it. i have owned this car just under a year now and recently have been having problems with the car. They keep fixing it but 2 days later it breaks again. tomorrow will be the fourth time in less than three weeks that i will be taking it into the dealership. other than this, i love the car, but i guess you get what you pay for! Cheap price means cheap quality

i love the Yellow color i got. and i love how despite how small it may look, the inside is very spacious and will comfortably fit everyone

QUALITY

A bit too pricey
By Elwapo72

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Chevy Aveo for about 1 year now. I haven't had any major problems. The very first problem I had was that the Onstar wasn't working. Second problem I am still having is that at times it will not start. I usually have to wait about a minute or two then try again and it usually starts. The other thing is how hard it is to find oil filters for it. Sometimes the filters are a little pricey.

Even though it is a small vehicle I like the room i have inside. I am 5'9" and weight over 250 lbs and I fit comfy especially on long trips. the gas mileage is pretty good also.

They need to make servicing the vehicle yourself more easy. Other than that it is an ok car.

Don't do it
By Jenn

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car when I turned 16 as my first car. I've never hated anything more than this! Truth be told, I've wrecked it twice but in both the wrecks the air bags DIDN'T deploy and onstar didn't come on. It's extremely hard to see long distances at night and when it shifts you feel it. My dad paid $16,200 after ttl and he regret paying more than $10,000. This car is HORRIBLE

The spoiler and sound system

Take this piece of crap off the market!

A LOT of car for the money
By Johnny

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo is not a Mercedes --we all know that. It also costs a fraction of what a Mercedes costs, and thousands of dollars less than a similarly equipped Honda, Toyota, Kia or Nissan. Frankly, I don't see the value in spending a lot more money for Honda or Toyota badging. This car is roomy, comfortable, very reliable, cheap to operate, and has a good ride. I could not be more pleased with a car that cost me $10,999 + tax that has air conditioning, a great stereo with MP3 connectivity, and even a rear spoiler. Get one. You won't regret it.

Fuel mileage, ride, comfort, space, looks.

A little more pep in the engine.