Used 2009 Chevrolet Aveo 2LT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Gives Cheap a whole new meaning.
By David Albee

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Aveo for going on 5 years now. I should have walked past it the moment that I ran my fingers over the grill and the black paint powder that came off on my finger was present. Now the entire reason for my purchase was that I needed a vehicle that I could drive into the dirt. I commute to work everyday and any vehicle was going to be getting aged prematurely. However, this does not excuse the wiper blades disintegrating in the second month of ownership. I understand that Korea may not have the winters that we Canadians do but wow! Anyhow, new blades on moving forward. Wait, what is that awe-full racket? It can't be the engine already... For crying out loud it sounds like the engine is trying to leap out from under the hood.... Notice in the mail, "Dear Aveo owner please proceed to your nearest Chev dealer to get your wiring replaced as the engineers have discovered an issue with the gaps of your spark plug and wiring harness." As my car is lurching and crying "No kidding there is an issue." . Okay so contact my dealer that I purchased my car from, "Sorry, we can't help you with that." "We don't have the parts to fix it right now.". Click... Wait, what? Yo Rick, I need you to put new plugs in and wiring. "Isn't that a recall? Shouldn't your dealer do that?", to which I replied. "Yes", "Yes they should." "So can you do this?" Driving my now behaving Aveo out of Rick's shop and noting the it will be a cold day in hell before I go back to the dealer. Not long later. "Hmmm, are my headlights dirty?" After looking I realized they were not dirty just one of the bulbs had burned out. No big deal, I have now replaced 3 bulbs. The creme de la creme had to be driving to work one morning and there was a little bit of snow on the road. I am Canadian and have been driving this road since 1989. No problem........ So why am I now staring at a terrified lady facing me and we are traveling in the same direction. I mean her eyes were like dinner plates. After I hit the drifted snow on the side of the road I have come to realize yet another issue with the Aveo. The rear brake has a tendency to lock. Terrifying right... I mean the freaking pad came off the shoe inside the drum...... Think about that for a second.. They are supposed to be molecular bonded to the shoe to prevent that sort of thing from happening. "Yo, Rick!!" "I need you to take a look at this rear brake, something is definitely [non-permissible content removed]!" "Umm, Dave the drum is really stuck on there." - "I know, I scared the H*** out of some lady in a SUV that was behind me, I was looking at her while i was going backward." A couple hours later... "Dave, I have never even heard of this happening." "Once i manage to get the drum off the pad was off the shoe.." Do not under any circumstance buy this vehicle, it redefines cheap and I would swear substandard parts. I honestly can not express how confused I am about how this actually made it to market. Oh and now the screws to the air filter have corroded and I will have to likely cut them and tap them to change the air filter.

Great for under 12500!
By My favorite!

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well I've had it for 5 months now and it has been a little champ! Of course its a little slow (I have the auto) but I get 26 city and about 33 highway. Its a nicely built car, I've had no rattles or problems like others have said. I have every feature except the leatherette seats. The only fault I really have with it is that I feel it could be either sportier with some engine tuning (maybe even raise mpgs?) but everything is good. I wish they would give the car a little more something with the styling outside ( I don't like the headlights on the aveo5). I would recommend this car to anyone on a budget!

Sunroof is nice. Ride and handling are at a decent balance. Standard spoiler is nice. A really nice radio, simple and strong.

Maybe some engine tuning. A little more stylish exterior.

LT Sedan
By Iffos

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 LT sedan Aveo back in May before the cash for clunkers. I love the car for the most part. Mines more of the sport version with a small spoiler, sun roof, leather seats, Alloy rims and a nice deck. I'm just about to hit 9k cause I bought mine with 3k on it. It still running great I like the sedan way more then the hatch back because you get more room. I'm always hitting 30 mpg and on the highway I'm hitting about 34 mpg. Great looking sedan. This was a 2009 Aveo built in 2008.

Sun roof, deck with the aux port for Ipod, rims and the size of the car.

Don't just put an arm rest on the driver side put one for the passengers as well, that way they can be happy with the ride as well.