2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Not too bad for the price
By misslil on 06/11/14 13:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in 2009 and have put mostly highway miles on it - up to 93,300 now. Get about 33 mpg. Did really great the first 4 years except for having alignment problems. Finally got that worked out. Had problems with AC last summer..fans not blowing much air out of vents. Had to have the rear O2 sensor replaced last month and then the air intake hose this month. Biggest problem is the parts had to come from the dealer and they are outrageously expensive! Approx. $240 for each part. Just read review on another website that the air intake hose was made in 2 parts, but you must buy the whole assembly. Not cool GM. My next car probably won't be a Chevy.

new us cars what can they do!
By jens arendttorp on 03/17/10 09:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

29.8 mpg is all I can squeeze out of it; even with a lucas additive in the fuel; a good driving car; as good as a Toyota Prius maybe even better, but poor fuel economy compared to my old Toyota Tercel wagon with on-demand 4 wheel drive, which is handy during winter months

Love my 2009 Chevy Aveo LS 4 door 1.6 L
By Missouri Man on 10/31/09 10:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Get 33 mpg plus in city traffic and 40-46 mpg plus driving highway in Missouri Ozark Mountains on interstate or two lane or city traffic. Great deal for the price on a subcompact of $10,600 brand new 2009. Excellent view out all directions of window, great comfort and leg/head room. Quiet, no road noise or engine noise. Easy to steer and operate, handles well, rides smooth, lots of trunk space, good stereo with plug in for Ipod or MP3 player, Onstar features! I cannot say enough good about this car, for the price and after shopping for over a year driving and looking at all over subcompacts, this is the best deal going by far! Love driving it, AC works wonderful, and can haul 4 people!

Hoping for the Best
By $4,300 for 2009 Aveo on 10/15/09 17:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aveo as part of the Cash for Clunkers program after all rebates my price $4,300. Did not need car as had purchased 2008 Civic Hybrid prior year. I have enjoyed the car and believe it is good for my teenagers to experience the manual door locks and manual windows. It has a comfortable riding position and I like the interior. I recently changed my oil and was surprised with canister oil filter and torx socket for drain plug.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*