Outstanding little car
By Big Kahuna on
2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I researched everything under $20k. My Aveo is loaded with everything they had and was still sub $15k. What a great car. Small enough to be economical, heavy enough to ride smoothly and quietly. I'm 6'0 275 lbs. Best fit of any car smaller than Chevy Malibu. If you're looking for zoom-zoom, this is not for you. If you want a comfy ride, low road and engine noise, plenty of interior room, upscale accessories and good mileage (I avg. 32) all at a great price, then the Aveo is your ride. Much better than Yaris, Scion, Versa, Fit. There are some bad reviews out there, but that's true with any car. I have been a Toyota believer for 30 yrs. The Aveo beats every other small car hands down!
Favorite Features
Very comfortable, quiet ride; like much bigger car. Love the sunroof, love the cruise, good a/c, good stereo/CD/mp3. Nice, tight 5 spd manual. Reminds me of the MG Midget convertible I had in college. Loved that one, too. Nice bright blue. Euro styling draws interest. I look forward to driving again
Suggested Improvements
My only concern is that it doesn't track well. It wants to wander on the highway. Maybe camber or toe-in is off. Feels like wheels are exactly 90 degrees to the frame and pointed dead straight ahead. Beyond that Chevy has won me over.