2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: I expected to hate it!

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Review

I expected to hate it!
By TEaK on

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Based on other reviews I've read, it seems to me that the people who are most dissatisfied with this car are those who expect to get a Corvette or a Cadillac for the Aveo's price. After my test drive, I was really quite impressed. It's obviously no Corvette, but it accelerates better than I expected. The engine is smooth and the 5 speed transmission is easy to drive. I am 6' tall. I have plenty of head & leg room in both the driver and passenger seats. The seats are firm, but comfortable. I've driven the Aveo for an hour on the highway several times with no comfort problems. The hatchback holds tons of stuff. Taken it to the hardware store and Costco and were able to haul everything we needed.

Price, can't beat this car for the money. Great gas mileage getting about 27 in the city. Surprisingly nice stereo. 5 speed is easy to drive with good clutch feel. Easy to fit into tight parking spots.

Standard cruise and ABS. Lose the Kumho tires. The dealership is on it's third one trying to find one that doesn't make the car pull left. Sturdier cup holders that don't interfere with heat and A/C operation would also be nice. Relocate the "passenger air bag off" light to a less annoying spot.